old computer ram and gfx card for my 6 year olds pc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is it a DELL computer?
Also are you trying two of the same size, memorywise?
I have tried combinations of 2 the same size, just 1 stick, 1 of each size.
If i try 2 of the larger size single beep
1 of the larger size single beep
1 of the original and 1 of the larger size , boots but only the original is being used.

classic33

Leg End Member
It might not be able to run with the larger sized memory because its not able to recogise them or its beyond the limit of the computer itself.
Any internet connection available on it? If there is, run with the old memory in. Go to crucial.com & look at upgrading from there. You'll need to download a small piece to allow it to check your system and tell you whats available, upgrade wise. It should also tell you the maximum that it can accept.
You don't know the make & model number by any chance?

classic33

Leg End Member
AMI BIOS Beep Codes:

Beeps Error Message Description
1 short DRAM refresh failure- The programmable interrupt timer or programmable interrupt controller has probably failed

2 short Memory parity error- A memory parity error has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad

3 short Base 64K memory failure- A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It might not be able to run with the larger sized memory because its not able to recogise them or its beyond the limit of the computer itself.
Any internet connection available on it? If there is, run with the old memory in. Go to crucial.com & look at upgrading from there. You'll need to download a small piece to allow it to check your system and tell you whats available, upgrade wise. It should also tell you the maximum that it can accept.
You don't know the make & model number by any chance?
Cheers, next time i get on his pc i will have a look.Just used crucial to order a ram module for my pc :smile:

Top Bottom