Other forums/clubs on FNRttC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was talking to my dad yesterday (he's another cyclist) and he was telling me that his club sometimes has people doing a Friday Night Ride to the Coast, saying the last one was Whistable and next one Brighton.

Surely this isn't coincidence! Do any other forums/clubs join in the the CC FNRttC then?

Tollers

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well it is a CTC ride rather then CC one. Also both the yacf forum & Londonfixedgear forum list it and I can imagine a good few more list it also.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ianrauk said:
Well it is a CTC ride rather then CC one. Also both the yacf forum & Londonfixedgear forum list it and I can imagine a good few more list it also.
that's correct. And Tollers' dad is indeed on the DA committee that authorises the FNRttC. And a thoroughly good chap as well - a master of understated comedy, one of the most stylish cyclists I've ever met, and a man you can rely on for a rubber patch.

OP
OP
Tollers

Tollers

Guru
dellzeqq said:
that's correct. And Tollers' dad is indeed on the DA committee that authorises the FNRttC. And a thoroughly good chap as well - a master of understated comedy, one of the most stylish cyclists I've ever met, and a man you can rely on for a rubber patch.

Hahaha. That's very funny!:wacko: I learn more from you guys than i do from him. Sorry Dad!

Tollers

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
there is another side to this FNRttC thing. I've got in to three or four conversations in bike shops or at CM with people who have told me all about this night riding thing, with details of the start and the destinations..........

And I've listened thinking............'I've never met you'

dellzeqq said:
there is another side to this FNRttC thing. I've got in to three or four conversations in bike shops or at CM with people who have told me all about this night riding thing, with details of the start and the destinations..........

And I've listened thinking............'I've never met you'

I think if you count the number of people you have crossed off your list at 23:59 and compare that with a quick head count of the actual numbers there, and also the numbers sat down in the café at the half way stage, there'll be a difference (and not just due to the occasional 1 or 2 officially allowed late joiners).

I reckon you're picking up some stealth night riders.........

hatler

Guru
dellzeqq said:
I can only recall one- the legendary Pasquale!

Has he completely disappeared into the ether ?

He claimed (so I heard) to have had the most enjoyable night of his life after that run.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've never heard from him - which is a great pity.

For those of you who don't know the story - Pasquale, riding a BSO, tags on to sixty cyclists heading for Clapham Common, and asks where we are going. Somebody says 'Brighton'. He hears Brixton. Around Reigate he starts to have his doubts...

Made it up the Beacon, though.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ah there was another stealth rider on the recent jaunt to Sarrrrffffeeeennd.

He was asking me all sorts about what we were up to -left us somewhere before the urine missile. lucky him.

Top Bottom