Ouch - £20ks worth of bikes pinched from a garage in my town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think the fact that they had their bikes in a rented garage at a different address made this more complicated. M&S are still worth a look but make sure you check all the small print (as with any policy)
it was the change in insurer
When I took out the policy a couple of years ago, I specifically asked whether we would be covered in our rented garage one street away from the house. They said yes. I was so concerned that I asked for a letter to be sent to me that made mention of this and thankfully we still have that letter in our files.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Please remember that companies like M&S, the AA, etc. who offer insurance are often just middlemen, the policy is underwritten by whomever they get the best deal with. So the actual insurer can change from year to year even though the broker stays the same.

In the case that Dell highlights I would expect the ombudsman to be sympathetic to the policy holder.

davefb

Guru
hehe lord dennings big red hand..

I've used that as a sig before... "I quite agree that the more unreasonable a clause is, the greater the notice which must be given of it. Some clauses which I have seen would need to be printed in red ink on the face of the document with a red hand pointing to it before the notice could be held to be sufficient."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Spurling_Ltd_v_Bradshaw
and surely what beebo said is the case, buy a policy specifically due to an issue, then have them change it?wtf ?

Top Bottom