Overkill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Got called to the front door at work early hours of morning 3 blokes fighting outside. As I arrived so did the Police it was a joke first one Transit van turned up then the Riot Van arrived followed by a car then another Transit arrived followed by another Car all within minutes of each other. One Van and Car moved off, when the Riot Van stopped 4 Coppers jumped out of the back to join the other 3 Coppers dealing with the lads one of whom was put in the van. After a good 10 minutes or so the remaining 2 lads were sent off in opposite directions and the Coppers got off but talk about total overkill to deal with a situation.

I hope no-one else needed the Police urgently at that time.

Mind you this is the same force that when I needed them for a bloke out of his head on booze and god knows what else that was trying to kick the front doors in, told me they would warn him off and tell him to go away but they didn't want to nick him as the cells were full.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mondobongo said:
Got called to the front door at work early hours of morning 3 blokes fighting outside. As I arrived so did the Police it was a joke first one Transit van turned up then the Riot Van arrived followed by a car then another Transit arrived followed by another Car all within minutes of each other. One Van and Car moved off, when the Riot Van stopped 4 Coppers jumped out of the back to join the other 3 Coppers dealing with the lads one of whom was put in the van. After a good 10 minutes or so the remaining 2 lads were sent off in opposite directions and the Coppers got off but talk about total overkill to deal with a situation.
Restraining a violent drunk who doesn't want to be restrained is no joke - especially when you don't know what they might have on them. Outnumbering the person can also be a good tactic to stop things escalating further (some people will have a go if the odds are 1:1, but start having second thoughts as the ratio of officers to them starts to increase in the police's favour).

If they've got the manpower, I don't blame them, tbh.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We have a brook running under our house and on Easter morning a neighbour told us she'd seen two chavs going under there. My wife called the Police and FIVE cars turned up; because we live on the border of the Ribble valley two came from Clitheroe and three from Blackburn. It was early on a quiet holiday morning, mind, so they were probably busy watching videos and up for a bit of fun. They nabbed the chavs and gave them a good bollocking, one was a lippy bastard and the Police were aching to arrest him but couldn't think of a reason!

Top Bottom