England : Oxfordshire Oxford to London Night Ride 18th Sept ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I see you are going right up St Mary's passage. That'll be nice.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
seeing the route hasn't made my non availability any easier to take - that's a good route FF.

best of luck with this and the weather.
Thanks uphill. I can't take credit for it as it's a slightly easier version of Rogerzilla's (yacf) original, it just omits the manic descent into the Hughenden Valley and the Wall de Smalldean Lane! Roger is unable to lead this at the mo, so I've taken-on the mantle for now. It seems quite popular (and manageable) and I'm thinking of some variations for the future like running it in the opposite direction, or taking it to other parts of London with a different route and say ending at like 'Look Mum No Hands' for Brekkie for a change.
We'll see ....

Thanks uphill. I can't take credit for it as it's a slightly easier version of Rogerzilla's (yacf) original, it just omits the manic descent into the Hughenden Valley and the Wall de Smalldean Lane! Roger is unable to lead this at the mo, so I've taken-on the mantle for now. It seems quite popular (and manageable) and I'm thinking of some variations for the future like running it in the opposite direction, or taking it to other parts of London with a different route and say ending at like 'Look Mum No Hands' for Brekkie for a change.
We'll see ....

thanks FF, i'll keep an eye out for any future rides. those lanes will be lovely if you get a decent clear sky.

edit: it'll be even better and easier to get to and from if they get the Bletchley to Bicester branch line sorted out

all the best

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes please Fabbers.
Bless you slomo ... you're even more than welcome!

You'll have a bit of a wait. The revised re-opening of the line has slipped back to March 2019.

There are consultation meetings soon but I think your right, it'll take ages to sort out the backhanders.

The old line is still there I think, at least in places so once it goes through, hopefully the rest of the infrastructure will get a shift on. I've been waiting for nearly 30 years for this train, that must be some kind of record

Top Bottom