Padded cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edge705

Hi Edge705, thanks nice to meet you, sorry to have a blonde:wacko: moment can you explain compressio pants ? whats the diff between those and passed cycling shorts?
cheers
Fran:bicycle:

Im afraid Im not clued up on them you will have to do a bit of research I’ve read they improve blood circulation a bit like compression socks do on planes but for the bum and thigh area you would of course wear these in addition to your padded shorts as generally they don’t come padded. Google "Compression Pants" and Wiki them as well - Don’t necessarily have to buy bike specific ones but ones from well known brands such as Nike and Adidas will have been well researched Also they come in full length which might be a bot overkill

OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

snorri

Legendary Member
You don't say if this 17 mile trip was the sort of distance you regularly cycle, or an exceptional trip. Anyone who was not used to that distance might suffer a little!
I think it might help if you got some help locally with seat adjustment and bike set-up as a first step. In normal clothing, i.e. no padding, you should not be experiencing discomfort on a 17 mile cycle trip. You could be trying out endless variations of clothing in order to compensate for a seat or bike adjustment problem.
I trust you are aware there are gender specific cycle seats on the market.

OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

hi snorri, thanks for trply, 17 mile is not my normal ride as iam fairly new, we just went on a long ride last Sunday, and it was hard for me but i pushed myself. I have a female designed leather seat on my bike, and I will ask my husband to adjust .
Fran^_^

Top Bottom