Paintball

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Dayvo said:
Paint ball

What are going to do to the other one? ;)
Shoot.
Ooo-er!

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

User482 said:
Be prepared for IT types to take it all rather too seriously. I was thinking about how long it was until we could go to the pub, whereas they were checking if they had enough camouflage paint on.

yeah see I was approaching it the same way as you until I posted this thread:eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I did it once, years ago. Ditto the bruises, ditto the weekend warriors. There were two in our group all kitted out with camo and super-accurate rifle thingies. One of these little twats shot me in the ear, which hurt so fecking much that I screamed like a wounded bull and set off towards him in a rage intending to smash his gun over his head. Luckily for him he was higher up the hill than me and fleeter of foot being nine stone and aged sixteen so he got away. I was ready to do some damage.

The biggest surprise about it was realising how difficult it is to keep a straight head when under stress; I repeatedly jammed my gun with mashed paint balls due to cocking it the wrong way. It made me understand why proper soldiers have to be drilled and drilled to the point where every action becomes automatic.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
As per Fossyant's remarks...

Take a lot of cash. Easy to spunk a couple of thousand rounds. Unless of course you plan to camp/snipe but thats just no fun :tongue:

As fossyant has suggested, expect it to cost a few bob. You pay for the session, but you usually have to pay for the bullets paintballs as well. It can add up, especially if you get a bit over excited!

Oh and as the others said, it hurts a bit. I remember from my last paintball session, so of my mate had huge bruises. Of course, I'm too tough to bruise....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

I live on. Sore legs from crouching in puddles but no other injuries sustained!

£40, 2 hours, 6 "games". I got shot 5 times in the first 2 minutes cos I was bounding around like a gazelle, (e.g. see avatar <---)before I realised caution was the better strategy. It only hurt on the legs.

The worst was when I'd been shot, stood up with hand up to signify that I was walking out of the game zone, turned round and some berk shot me me in the rump. That needed an instant rub.

The first game you had to "take" some tents in the middle of the zone. I bounded into one and knocked a 10 year old girl over who had already claimed it for my team. Oops. I offered her my gun though by way of recompense. She refused.

Couldn't see a damn thing in the last 2 games due to goggles being steamed up, so I was blindly shooting, probably at my own teammates.

Glad I did it, but I don't think I'll rush back. The greatest advice given was "wear gloves".

Top Bottom