Passing etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Merrily on the way back with about 35 miles and a couple of big(ish) hills under the belt.. will be at Gun Hill for tmrrws ToB..
anyways...
in my own little world .. went past a very very slow moving queue of traffic .. and before I knew it, I had passed a cortege complete with coffin in car and black coated top hatted figure walking in front....
I forgot to doff me cycling cap under helmet..
am I cursed???
all that went thru me head was.. 'life goes on bud'
am I doubly cursed???

Blue

Legendary Member
I don't know if there is a correct way to deal with this situation.

On the few occasions that I have come across funerals I have always turned my bike and taken another route as I'd rather do that than cause any offence at such an event.

Mortiroloboy

How rude,:biggrin: inconsiderate of the feelings of the bereaved family, :laugh: people like you are beyond the pale.

Anyone else would have dismounted, and waited for the courtege to pass, or as Blue said take a different route.

What has become of society? I thought it was customary to wait behind such processions, to allow the deceased to pass on their final journey in some dignity.

I bet you were wearing some inappropriately garish Lycra kit to boot.:smile:

Mortiroloboy

How rude,:biggrin: inconsiderate of the feelings of the bereaved family, :laugh: people like you are beyond the pail.

Anyone else would have dismounted, and waited for the courtege to pass, or as Blue said take a different route.

What has become of society? I thought it was customary to wait behind such processions, to allow the deceased to pass on their final journey in some dignity.

I bet you were wearing some inappropriately garish Lycra kit to boot.:smile:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Somehow I think they may have more pressing concerns.

Like how they're going to pay for the funeral....
My lot are under strict instructions to throw me in a skip, and spend the dosh on good whisky :laugh:

Top Bottom