Personalized number plates?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Humorous and classy as they are, they can also be very expensive but now I have happened upon a the cheaper option! Instead of paying a small fortune to the DVLA for BRI 4N, I have changed my name to match the registration of our Rover, F829 GNN for a fraction of the cost. So from now on, if you're writing to my wife and I, please address our mail as Mr & Mrs Gnn.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
BOAB 5

I was coming back from a lbs one day and a bit ahead of me (so not a problem for me) a driver chose not to wait in the queue for the lights and cut into the bus lane undertook and cut back in at the head of the queue. Their licence plate was G1T, I bet the other drivers thought he was ;)

I love these... it makes it easier to rememberthe plate!

Secondly it screams "self important egotist" and you can predict the driving in most cases.

Finally it makes it so easy to get revenge.We have a prat who lives locally and has a number plate which is in script, all the letters run together and also has a well placed black bolt to change a letter C to an E

Nearly took me out one night coming round the corner on the wrong side of the road.

Simply phoned the Police and said that whislt I was worried about the incident I was even more concerned that the number plate was illegible. Two days later he was visited by the Police and now has a boring standard plate, the "name" is now no longer obvious as the spacing is now correct and his "E" is once again a "C"

Night Train

Maker of Things
Not all personal plates are owned by idiots.

When I bought my first new car the dealer offered me a selection of registrations I could have for it. They all said KAK or close variations of. Having been laughed at before for having kak on my car when I didn't know what it meant I wasn't going down that route again.

I went on the DVLA site and had a look. The very cheapest plates had my (unpopular) name on so I went for one of them instead. It was cheaper then getting a random digit plate.

dav1d

Cycling in Poynton once near Poynnton Pool, I noticed 3 cars in a drive way, all the same name, except for the number at the end (and they were 1, 2, 3 I think!).

Speicher

Vice Admiral
When I bought my car two years ago, I found one I really liked and then noticed the number plate. It is a very short version of my first name, and also my initials. It literally has my name on it! :laugh:;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just remembered,
We also saw on our ride today B1G 3ST

col

Legendary Member
My mate years ago had a motorbike number COL then three numbers which I cant remember, I asked to swap but he wouldnt .

Mr Pig

I just couldn't own one. There is no other reason or justification for owning a private number plate other than masturbation. And everyone knows it.

Our last car just happened to have my wife's madden initials, the year we got engaged and my initials in the correct order! You have no idea how many people assumed it was a private plate and they were surprised that we weren't going to keep it.

But pay hundreds of pounds to move a number from one car to another when it serves no practical purpose whatsoever? Really, it's just tossing off.

Abitrary

The best numberplate I ever saw was an impreza boy racer with sc00bie - or something like that, but it actually looked correct.

Top Bottom