Phobias

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a fear of phobias.

radger

Veteran
Claustrophobia and (I assume associated) a terror of suffocation/drowning. The drowning one is odd, because I *love* swimming, am a trained diver, and would love to be a diving instructor.
If I am really relaxed and can't feel one of my limbs, I have to move because I am also phobic about not being able to move.
Oh, and a fear of falling - odd that I have been an avid rock climber. I am very good at not falling off though - I nearly dislocated my shoulder once because I won't let go when I fall. Trust the equipment? You must be joking.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Flying and errr...

Cheese. Can't stand the f***ing stuff. Can't touch it, can't be near it.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
radger said:
The drowning one is odd, because I *love* swimming, am a trained diver, and would love to be a diving instructor.

Yes, weird isn't it. I'm a very strong swimmer but absolutely hate going anywhere near canals .... and those locks. Yikes!

MichaelM

Guru
snapper_37 said:
Just been rattling to work mates about phobias, particularly some of the really weird ones.

Mine are fear of flying and fear of heights. :wacko: :biggrin:

You need therapy.

I'm not as bad now but for a long time I had a fear of dogs. When I was about 5or6 a labrador jumped me and ravaged my new body warmer. Fortunately the owner came along and pulled it off me before it could get to the flesh. He explained because it had been bullied as a pup by young boys with blonde hair, it could go mad when it seen blonde hair (I was blonde at the time) :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
snapper_37 said:
Mine are fear of flying and fear of heights. :smile: :cheers:

I found it strange that, according to

http://hub.lcp.linst.ac.uk/archive/gmd2002/keythemes/phobia/topten.html

Fear of death is number 10
I think that this man could have done with more fear of death and heights... xx(

snapper_37 said:
Yes, weird isn't it. I'm a very strong swimmer but absolutely hate going anywhere near canals .... and those locks. Yikes!
You shouldn't swim in any reservoir, but you definitely don't want to swim in Ladybower!

118978014_e5f133e40f.jpg

Wolf04

eldudino said:
Sharks and spiders.

If they ever find a way to mate them I'm screwed...
:cheers:

Just sharks for me, Not a hope in hell of me ever going into open water voluntaraly, I even check before getting into a swimming pool :smile:

Top Bottom