Photos atop your favourite climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
upload_2016-1-31_11-32-13.jpeg

See that hill in the distance, I rode up that.

Me too ... I was going to try to do a 21 mile loop taking in that climb three times today to get a metric century in, but 45 mph winds, sleet, hail, rain, and mist completely put me off! :okay:

The conditions up Cragg Vale and down Blackstone edge were the worst I have ridden up there and it is a rare day you get a tail wind up Cragg! The wind was from the West and at the top near the reservoir you had to ride near the centre of the road or risk being blown off the road. The reservoir looked like the sea, with huge waves and water was being blown across over the wall and clearing the road. We had to stop at the White House as there was a white out with the hail! I contemplated calling my better half to pick us up!

20160130_125653_zpsfnxg5yox.jpg

20160130_130728_zpsm2yfajch.jpg

The pics were taken when the weather was actually rideable!

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
Stop showing me Hardknott Pass !!!!:tongue:
It looks like my kind of place,although I would take the green rocky bits as opposed to the road itself ^_^
A quick jaunt down the M74 during the summer must be on my list to do's
I did it during rain and very strong winds, I borrowed a bike with a compact and 11-32 at the back. At the time I was simply happy to get up without stopping.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The conditions up Cragg Vale and down Blackstone edge were the worst I have ridden up there and it is a rare day you get a tail wind up Cragg! The wind was from the West and at the top near the reservoir you had to ride near the centre of the road or risk being blown off the road. The reservoir looked like the sea, with huge waves and water was being blown across over the wall and clearing the road. We had to stop at the White House as there was a white out with the hail! I contemplated calling my better half to pick us up!

20160130_125653_zpsfnxg5yox.jpg

20160130_130728_zpsm2yfajch.jpg

The pics were taken when the weather was actually rideable!
Well done for doing that ride, but I am glad that I didn't bother! I stayed indoors in the warm and fitted some spotlights in my new attic bedroom/office/studio instead.

I did it during rain and very strong winds, I borrowed a bike with a compact and 11-32 at the back. At the time I was simply happy to get up without stopping.

Well,I'm no fair weather biker that's for sure.
But it looks like riding off terrain in big tyres in the middle of winter might be a tad too much for mere mortals like me

Top Bottom