Picnics?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I might do a picnic tea on the Downs tonight - if there is any chance of Hot Air Balloons coming that way. There won't be enough time to get those napkins though - more's the pity:biggrin:

I do have a lovely picnic basket but it rarely (never) gets used - too big and bulky. I'm more of the rug and then lots of nibbles etc type of picnic.

Arch

Married to Night Train
What, and hamper all chance of picnic puns?

When my sister and I were still at home with Mum, we had a phase, lasted for a few years, of arranging posh picnics - often meeting friends from other parts of the country at some suitable stately home, and bringing hampers of posh nosh, salads, nice bread and all the like. Good fun. We went to a few outdoor concerts on Hampstead Heath too. There was a noisy drunken party of yahoos in front of us one time, and when one girl kicked off her shoes, it was only my intense well-broughtupness that prevented me from filling them surreptitiously with leftover guacamole.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Dreadful tie puns aside we had a lovely picnic in the grounds of this pied a terre in Normanday last week. They had a restaurant in the old stable block from where we able to purchase local cider, purely as a thirst quencher of course.....hic! lovely!!!!

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I LOVE picniks, but definitely the rug and nibbles sort and not all the posh palava-you end up covered in ants anyway.
or is that just me?:biggrin:

And location too... id much prefer a field or woodland glade in the sunshine than a crowded beach or park full of screaming kids:evil:

Top Bottom