Ping Chuffy: 'Ave you done it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eh? :ohmy:

If you mean my silly mileage ride, that's next weekend. BHM to be precise.

But thank you for caring. :tongue:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Oh is it. Somehow I got it into my head it was today. I'll stand the rescue teams down then. Mind you I'd only managed to muster one sleepy looking labrador. Now you say it BHM makes more sense. As you were.

Keith Oates said:
Yes Sir, I'll try harder to keep up:blush:;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you eating sweets? I hope you've brought enough for the whole class. :rolleyes:
<pings lump of chalk off Oates Minor's head>

OP
OP
C

Crackle

So is now the right time to ask?

Did you do it or did the headwind get you and should I release the search dog?

snakehips

How did the EE recce go ? I am a possible this year.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I'm releasing the rescue dog.

Well I showed him the back door but it's raining and he doesn't want to go out, so this may take a while.

Epic bail-out fail....

Keith Oates said:
SWEETS............I'm a cyclist ..chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By a spooky coincidence I am currently working my way through a giant box of Thorntons Classic Collection and a big box of mini Toblerones. :tongue:

So near yet.....:smile:

I got as far as Tiverton before I gave in and rang Baggy. The headwind had been relentless. Not a proper 'blow you backwards' headwind, but enough to have me crawling and grovelling on anything other than the flat. Tiverton is about 25 miles from home and although I had plenty of time left, I'd had enough. We agreed that rather than me sitting around getting cold I'd carry on riding out of Tivvy. Now, Tiverton is where the route turns from SW to due South. Which meant that I pretty much lost the wind... As I steamed down the A396 at around 17mph I realised that I could still finish, but I'd called for the broomwagon and it was too late. Drat. :smile:

Never mind. I still managed 171.56 miles and would certainly have made it if it wasn't for the infernal wind. That's my longest ride ever and likely to be so for quite some time. If I do it again, I'm going the other way, with the wind.*

Highlights:-
  • The reveal of Glastonbury Tor as I came down the hill in Pilton
  • Passing the gates of Worthy Farm ("Respect to the Eavis Massive!")
  • Spicy four bean soup in the Blue Note Cafe
  • Just being back in Glastonbury :smile:
  • Coming down the Fosse Way with Tallis on the mp3 player and seeing half of Warwickshire spread out before me

Lowlights:-
  • The bloody wind!
  • Broken phone boxes.....
  • Realising that the Cotswolds are much lumpier than I remember....
  • Being lied to by AA Routeplanner

* - except that I'm not doing it again. No way. Honest...

Top Bottom