Planning for 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am about to enter negotiations with mrs stig about how long I can spend training; what weekends I can go away next year; all that sort of stuff. I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 sportives / century rides in. Does anyone have a link for an online events calendar & recommendations for some "not to be missed" rides in Scotland.

Cheers

Stig

I don't have a calendar but from experience I'd say Etape Caledonia is a great event.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
More 100's I think .... after today - that was my big test as I haven't ridden that distance in about 15 years... organised events though - too boring on my own.

ACS

Legendary Member
Based on a conversation with a member of Fife Century Road Club over the weekend they are planning to run FCRC Reliability Trials on the second Sunday in Feburary 2009. I understand that the route is the same as 2008.

For reference details of the 2008 event can be found here.

Noodley

There are a few 'not to be missed' audax events in Scotland next year. Depends how far you want to ride. Anything from 50km upwards...

My club organises quite a few rides from 100km upwards.

There are also some excellent events elsewhere. Try www.audax.uk.net for details: click on Calendar then use the month tabs to find rides. It's not the best webpage to navigate so if you want some suggestions send me a PM if you want and I can draw together details.

postman

Legendary Member
We are planning a four day ride 2009.Berwick on Tweed to Scarborough back to Leeds.Down the coastal roads.Staying in youth hostels.Mr G my mate is doing the searching very soon.Four of us possibly six.Looking forward to that.They have the bug after doing LEJOG.

gavintc

Guru
I did the Southern Upland Sportive and Etape Caledonia as my Scottish sportives this year. Both were well organised and I will probably do both again. Indeed, I have already paid for the Etape and booked my hotel in Pitlochry. The Etape was excellent.

My planning for next year will be to train up for some 4th Cat races and hopefully finish with some credibility with the pack and if i am really lucky get a point or two.

Top Bottom