Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

fossyant said:
Cathryn - you need locking up - Christmas Shopping, organised ?? - it's only just September, and the Christmas deccys aren't up just yet !

I went into M&S this afternoon and they were putting the wrapping paper and boxed cards out. Only one third of a year to Christmas, are you saying you're not organised yet Fossy?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Don't get me wrong...I don't think Christmas should kick off until December, and I hate how shops start so ridiculously early.

But I like spreading the cost over a few months and I love starting to build up my stash of presents. I really love September to December - it's my favourite part of the year - and I just enjoy getting organised so I can sit back nearer Christmas and enjoy it for how lovely it is, instead of panicking.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
User1314 said:
I LOVE XMAS ME!!!

Holidays, presents, kids, food, drink, drunken sentimentality, warm fires, annoying family members, dark nights...

...etc

This xmas I am SO tempted to go for a bike ride, though. I've read post from other cyclists going for rides on xmas day with no traffic.

I wanted to do this last xmas. I didnt have time in the morning, then by the afternoon i was spread out on the sofa not wanting to move:wacko:

Hugo15

Über Member
Swimming with the kids tomorrow morning and then No1 daughter has a dancing presentation in the afternoon.

Hopefully out on the bike on Sunday morning and might get to watch some of the premiership rugby on Sky on Sunday afternoon if I am good.

Waiting in for a Telephone Engineer, I don't mind too much as the forecast tomorrow is carp but he say's he'll be round about 7am ;).

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
You can join us for the Manchester 100 then if no-one wants to ride with you. :sad:

Ta, but my heart is set on the Red Arrows*, I hope you have a good day out.

* and the BoB flight and a Vulcan ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Southport was a good 'en, but I need to do a 100 this year - wife think's I've lost it, and the many folk I know...... weather is looking better for Sunday, less cloud, here is hoping, as the planes won't fly if it's low...... oops flying low...;)

domd1979

Veteran
Bit of train driving at the Midland Railway Butterley's diesel gala, bit of loco maintenance, then sampling beer train on Sat evening. Probably getting rained on in between those three.

Hired a Fiat Punto to drive to the railway - what a heap of junk!!

Noodley

Took this afternoon of work to cut the grass, and I'm just back from spin class.
Tomorrow it'll be the local Countryside Fair, then out for a curry with Mrs Noodley and a couple of friends in the evening.
Sunday will either be recovering or out on the club run or spin class.

mondobongo

Über Member
Typical the weather improves but my side is still really painful so no ride for me today starting to get cranky now 8 days off the bike. Its looking a nice morning up here as well.

Top Bottom