please follow ishbel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my friend and colleague ishbel taromsari is a scottish track cyclist who regularly mixes it with the likes of lizzie armitstead and jess varnish.

she's currently building up to what she hopes will be an appearance at the commonwealth games next year, and as she is doing everything herself without the aid of a lottery grant from british cycling, ishbel wants to raise some sponsorship to get some better kit to help her make the qualifying time; please follow her on twitter to help her do this.

here she is in action in the wheel of varnish...

1. BZRAi34CAAEkjsv.jpg

Last edited:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Done. She followed back too but I'm not sure how this helps her raise money. Anyways good luck to her.

zizou

Veteran
She is part of an illustrious* list of riders who have beaten me on the track

*by illustrious i mean long :biggrin:

oldroadman

Veteran
She is part of an illustrious* list of riders who have beaten me on the track

*by illustrious i mean long :biggrin:

We all know that feeling..anyway what sort of results and times is the lady recording, compared with the best in Scotland and the best in the world (i.e. the GB women in the main)?

oldroadman

Veteran
i think she's less than a second off the target time, and is a british champion on the track. bc weren't interested because she's "too old" :rolleyes:
Yes, but the target time for what? A second can be a very long time when races are won by 1/10 of a second or much less, in all events up to individual pursuit. I understand Bc does have a cut off point possibly based on age, they prefer to take younger riders with high potential and put them through their system to develop them to maximum potential. Tough if you are a bit older, but talent will show anyway, if it's good enough. Can't argue with wins!

Top Bottom