Plumbers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Cheers Peanuts, I'd mulled over pretty much all the stuff you said. This latest quote (not estimate) is from a local company who gave me details of previous customers to ring, I did and the feedback was excellent, they provde a written guarantee and employ corgi installers etc. The materials comes to £1500 ( ive checked the net costs vat exclusive. so the labour is about £40 per hour . I checked with other established outlets with shops and reputations and this seems to abo about standard ( albeit a bloody sight more than I charge for painting and decorating) I'm a bit tempted. If they'll throw in a complete speedflush of the system ( BG charge £750 for that - they do it fot £130 ) I'll be very tempted. I'll have to put the titanium frame on hold though......;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
gavintc said:
Illegal to operate - they can turn it off if you do not replace in a set timeframe.
we once booked BG in to start a service agreement... bloke came, condemned boiler immediately, put tape all round it, gave us a notice to say it was illegal to use it.... this was 23rd December... mighty cold christmas that was, and expensive too! we went to my sister's, and got a new boiler put in between christmas and new yr.... :blush:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Fnaar said:
we once booked BG in to start a service agreement... bloke came, condemned boiler immediately, put tape all round it, gave us a notice to say it was illegal to use it.... this was 23rd December... mighty cold christmas that was, and expensive too! we went to my sister's, and got a new boiler put in between christmas and new yr.... :blush:

Blimey, you're law abiding; I'd have been very tempted to just use it till the spring.. especially with plumbers charging Christmas holiday rates:ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bobg said:
Blimey, you're law abiding; I'd have been very tempted to just use it till the spring.. especially with plumbers charging Christmas holiday rates:ohmy:
it was all the tape....

Top Bottom