Poor wee Lewis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix. The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on March 29."
A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out.
The Toyota of Trulli has been reinstated to third place. :smile:

mr Mag00

rising member
ooops:laugh:

yello

F1 is a farce. I nearly said becoming but it's already there. Just becoming more so.

There should be an unofficial championship that reflects the results on the day and then the official, court adjudicated championship! I bet the drivers are getting a bit fed up with it too.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I don't know why but I quite like that. All that we need now is for England to get knocked out of the World Cup ASAP and then we can get back to proper sports like rugby.

Mr Pig

yello said:
F1 is a farce.

Have to agree. Years ago I used to get up in the middle of the night to watch the fly away races. These days I can't be bothered watching the highlights. It's a contrived irrelevance and an affront to the right-minded. I'd rather watch my kids race go-carts in the back garden.

The lack of likeable characters doesn't help. I was always happy to cheer on Damon Hill because he came across as a pretty decent guy. Today's F1 seems full of tossers.

tyred

Legendary Member
I still do watch but the amount of silly decisions brought about by the FIA tries my patience. They removed Trulli's podium positon for no real reason, now they have decided to re-instate it and disqualify Hamilton. The situation should never have happened as neither driver really did anything wrong IMO. It's true that if Hamilton did lie about what happened, he should be punished but the situation should never have happened as Trulli didn't deserve any penalties in the first place.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Tut, tut Greedo

Greedo said:
Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix. The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on March 29."
A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out.
The Toyota of Trulli has been reinstated to third place. :angry:

Tut, tut Greedo, do I detect a spot of Xenophobia, and there I was thinking Hamilton was a Scottish name.

tyred

Legendary Member
I personally find both Hamilton and the McLaren team extremely smug and irritating.

Maz

Guru
ynow what - i reckon F1 would be bloody interesting if drivers had to drive a different car from a different team at each GP. Then we'd see how much skill was down to the driver and how much was down to the machine.

Rob S

Maz said:
ynow what - i reckon F1 would be bloody interesting if drivers had to drive a different car from a different team at each GP. Then we'd see how much skill was down to the driver and how much was down to the machine.

A lot of people keep trotting that one out......who's going to pay the drivers? Many companies are in it to get publicity from a certain driver. Plus the cars are tailored to the individual driver both in terms of setup, internal dimensions and steering wheel layout.

Rob S said:
A lot of people keep trotting that one out......who's going to pay the drivers? Many companies are in it to get publicity from a certain driver. Plus the cars are tailored to the individual driver both in terms of setup, internal dimensions and steering wheel layout.
Not to mention that some cars will be stronger at certain tracks than others.

I'd like to see some common elements though. Button is now being talked up as the Second Coming, but he's basically a decent driver who got lucky in a car that's better than the rest, at the moment...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the best race i ever saw was monaco '84, with a young ayrton senna in a toleman-hart catching the maclaren-tag of alain prost to the tune of 3 seconds a lap in the rain.

the irony of it all was that prost wanted the race stopped. it was, half points were awarded, and he lost the title by half a point. if he'd carried on with senna overtaking at some point, he'd have got six points for second instead of 4 1/2 for winning a half race. he subsequently admitted he'd have let senna through too, because he was thinking about the championship, not the race :biggrin:

Top Bottom