Postage & Packing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I'm gonna have a moan now !

I'm buying e Memory Stick Pro Duo Card:

4Gb%20Sony%20Memory%20Stick%20PRO%20Duo%20card%20w%20adapter.jpg

I've got a quote to post it for (from a place):

Five pounds ninety five ! (£5.95)

Like come on - it'd weigh hardly anything...

Postage and packing on stuff now is a joke a TOTAL JOKE - its like lets give an outstanding price on the good/s YET charge a stupid fortune on the P+P...

You could prob. get a jiffy bag and a stamp for ONE pound...rediculous !

:cheers:

Moan over :evil:

Mr Pig

Did you not look at the postal charge before you bought it? If you didn't then you're an idiot and if you did you can't complain!

The postal charge is just a part of the overall price and as such should be checked before you buy. I don't see that anyone has any reason to complain about postal charges. If the price of the item, including the postal charge, is good then you buy it. If not, you don't. What's complicated?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If it is on eBay, it is a trick which lets the vendor pay smaller fees on the sale. I think eBay are clamping down on that now.

When online stores do it, I think that it is intended to encourage you to spend more to 'make it worthwhile'. Sometimes they give you free postage when you spend over a certain amount.

nigelnorris

ColinJ said:
If it is on eBay, it is a trick which lets the vendor pay smaller fees on the sale. I think eBay are clamping down on that now.
And somewhat more sinister is the huge number of vendors that sell at way below cost and make their profit on the postage. When they then send you some thing faulty, or working but not as described, all they do is refund the value of the goods and not the postage, so still make a profit from selling you duff goods.

Mr Pig

nigelnorris said:
When they then send you some thing faulty all they do is refund the value of the goods and not the postage

If someone sends me something faulty I want the postage refunded too. I'm not paying for the delivery of someone else's rubbish!

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Well I have to agree with Yenrod-the extortionate charges to post items like that are just taking the pi55.
In terms of envelope/stamp combo it would cost about 75p and ok theres the "time and effort" involved but come on!!!!!!!!!
I sell stuff on Ebay and always try to be fair with my charges,but its a total con imo.
For that price Id want it to be wrapped in edible chocolate wrapping paper and hand delivered to my door by George Clooney.:evil:

Mr Pig

Lisa21 said:
In terms of envelope/stamp combo it would cost about 75p and ok theres the "time and effort" involved but come on!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, the postage cost it there in black and white for all to see before you place the order. If you think it's too much, don't buy it. If you're too thick to look at the postage cost then tough sh**!

Considering how ridiculous eBay fees are I don't blame sellers for trying to avoid them, not one bit, and good luck to them.

thomas

the tank engine
I wouldn't buy memory cards of ebay anyway. All the ones I got from amazon's sellers were fakes, goodness only knows what the ebay ones would be like.

Not that you bought from ebay, just people seem to be suggesting that.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Mr Pig it isnt from Ebay - dont touch the place with a barge-pole !

Just a regular internet 'shop' - though saying that, anyone seen the amount of foreign sites advertising in english currency...only to be given away on the payment screen by choose the postage type and all you have is airmail !

Mr Pig

I must admit that I've bought lots of things from abroad and never had any problems. China, America, Belgium, etc and I'm about to order something from Taiwan.

Top Bottom