1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by barq, 26 Sep 2007.

1. barq

barq Senior Member

1. Picture Tips
    • If possible post pictures of your own bike rather than stock images - the real thing is far more interesting!
    • Take photos against a plain background so the bike is easy to see.
    • Crop and/or resize the picture to make it smaller using photo editing software. (If you want something free try GIMP.) Although the CycleChat software will resize large pictures, big images can still take a long time to download so keeping your photos to a moderate size is helpful.
    2. Instructions for Posting

Once you have prepared your photos you will need to upload them so they are accessible to CycleChat users over the internet.

Option 1 - Picture Hosting Sites: Websites like TinyPic and ImageShack allow you to browse your computer for the picture you want to upload and then provide you with a direct link for your image. To post into a message on CycleChat click on the Insert Image button [​IMG] at the top of the message editor. Cut and paste the direct link (e.g. 'http://i22.tinypic.com/148me8n.jpg') into the box and click 'Ok'.

In your message you should now see a line with your link between 'image tags' ('[​IMG]'). When you click the 'Preview Post' button beneath your message you will see you picture appear. To move the picture to a different place in your message just cut and paste the link and image tags to a different part of your message.

Option 2 - Self Hosting: Many internet accounts come with free web space to which you can upload pictures. (If you don't know how to use this web space then check your ISP's help guide.) Once you have uploaded a picture you are ready the paste it into a new message on CycleChat. Click on the Insert Image button [​IMG] at the top of the message editor. Cut and paste the direct link (e.g. 'http://barq.org/pics/IMGP0983_med.JPG') into the box and click 'Ok'.

In your message you should now see a line with your link between 'image tags' ('[​IMG]'). When you click the 'Preview Post' button beneath your message you will see you picture appear. To move the picture to a different place in your message just cut and paste the link and image tags to a different part of your message.

2. velocipede2288

velocipede2288 New Member

[​IMG] Is this going to work??? Me and my old Raleigh

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

It will work if you take out the [IMG ]...cyclechat.co...[/ IMG] from around the link to the pic. Click on edit and you'll see what I mean. I hope.

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

i can't get it to work for me any more :biggrin:

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

6. GaryA

GaryA Subversive Sage

[​IMG]

try again twit doh!

7. Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen Ich bin Powerfrau! Staff Member

Third option, put the picture of your bike in your Album within CycleChat and then link to it from there, see:
    [​IMG]

8. tapan

tapan Active Member

My velo south of Nantes May 2008

My velo Souith of Nantes on 10 May 2008[​IMG]

and the one below was taken on my pilgrimage from home to Santiago de Compostella at exactly the same spot on 10 April 2004. On that trip it was 2340.3 kms from my front door to the cathedral in Santiago!

[​IMG]

Lee J Maynard and Monkspeed like this.
  9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Thank you John, my mistake, I''ve now corrected the situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. clivedb

clivedb Well-Known Member

I don't seem to be able to get anything into a message apart from a link - advice please:

[​IMG]

12. clivedb

clivedb Well-Known Member

Embedding an image - help!

Indeed now all I can get is a question mark. Here's the web address of the image in a Cycle Chat album:
    http://cyclechat.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=136&pictureid=804

Now I will use the image icon and insert the same url there.

[​IMG]

Now if I do the same again but remove img

http://cyclechat.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=136&pictureid=804

The link appears. This doesn't seem to match with the instructions above but I cannot work out what I have done wrong...

Thanks in anticipation...

13. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

14. iLB

iLB Hello there

15. iLB

iLB Hello there

voila