pound vs euro when buying a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
I bought a Cannondale Synapse from a German website. Saved £1000 in doing so. They set the bike up for the UK and their communication throughout the whole ordering and dispatch process was faultless. I got them to send me a quote including delivery to UK, VAT etc. and when it came in they'd reduced the price even further. I could have paid by credit card, but they offered me a further 3% discount if I paid via bank transfer, so I took that option (after lots of research to make sure they were genuine etc.) I used thebikeshop.de and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I am very pleased. Of course, I have had no issues with the bike, so I can't comment on what would happen if I did - but it does come with full Connondale warranty once the bike is registered.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I recently bought some flat bar SRAM brakes and shifters from Germany at a favourable price (they may not have been available from any of the larger UK retailers). I'm not sure I'd buy a whole bike unless a very big saving just because of the potential hassle factor if there's a problem

Read the Ts & Cs of your credit card in terms of charges etc
I did similar from Germany but when they arrived they wouldn't fit. When I phoned to complain I was told "vell ve have vays of making zem fit"
:smile:

Top Bottom