Press induced hysteria or righteous indignation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is NOT an extension of the Woss / Bwand saga......

One thread suggested that this was "unfair" because only two complaints were recieved on the day, and the rest after.....

I then thought back to Matthew Parris and his suggestion of decapitating cyclists.

This (and other cycling sites) were used to generate complaints to the newspaper, forcing the apology that was issued. Many of us would never have seen the article, been offended, or thought to complain if it wasn't for the revelation on these sites...

Now that time "we" used the media to our own political end, the censure of Matthew Parris - is it wrong for those with a "decency agenda" to do the same....

In other words - is manipulation of the media to generate complaints a genuine method of protest?

oxbob

Yes

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=21763 Well it was mostly simoncc, comedypilot, jonesy and me and perhaps went in the ranty and mudslinging direction a bit. The two aspects I think most of these has in common are the strange time gaps and bandwagon effect you seem to be describing (certainly happened with Ross and Brand) and the other being organisation which I'd say is very relevent to the Jyllands-Posten and LittleBigPlanet. Anywho, see what you want in it. I think there's a great deal of commonality in most of these things.

Top Bottom