Principles or Job

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
sparkyman said:
To prove it I got the laptop out in front of him and connected it to the Boardroom screens and had it playing within g 60seconds of boot up… Made no difference to him but he was happy with my apology but said I had to up my game in the future-

Bullet dodged but I think my card is defiantly marked with him.

Sparkyman

That's bo##ocks.....if it was working before, and working later, he is the tit.....FFS, ....... I'd go off on one..... You handled it well, but these days I won't put up with other folk's failings when it's not my fault.... I say it as it is these days.......

TBH I did go off on one today...fortunately I was was with like minded colleagues and joked about it.... the skill of 'mind reading' is not on my job description - if you want something ask. :rofl:

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Yellow Fang said:
He sounds like a tit.

When you say powerpoint, do you mean Microsoft PowerPoint or AtoD power inverter used to connect the laptop to the mains?

MS PowerPoint .... if he could not plug in a Power supply on a laptop , now that would have been a funny conversation. :laugh:

So if anyone in the Blackpool area is looking for an experienced, Purchasing /Installations / Technical Support or Warehouse administrator (I wear many hats) they can drop me a line on sparky_kisses@yahoo.co.uk it would be very appreciated.

SparkyMAn

peanut

he is obviously an incompetant bully and you are right your card is definitely marked with him. he'll be looking for you to make any small mistake from now on.

I would register with someone the unsatisfactory way they dealt with this issue and his lack of following proper proceedure, temper in the meeting etc .

Make a written record of the problem ,the accusation ,meeting etc maybe go see CAB and ask their advice . At least if anything happens in the future you will be able to show that you have been unfairly treated.

Its not very pleasant going to work with that hostility and atmosphere . I'd start looking for another job if I were you or try turning things around by making a particular effort to go over the top with preparation for future displays. ie book a mini demo with the boss the day before and make sure he is familiar with the operation and setup and that everything works.
Also make sure that the engineers carry everything that they are likely to need and that maybe someone technical is on hand during the meeting to sort out any problems.
I have to say if I had a equipment failure during an important meeting and no IT backup I'd be pretty livid too

Bigtwin

peanut said:
I would register with someone the unsatisfactory way they dealt with this issue and his lack of following proper proceedure, temper in the meeting etc .

Make a written record of the problem ,the accusation ,meeting etc maybe go see CAB and ask their advice . At least if anything happens in the future you will be able to show that you have been unfairly treated.

If you want to do anything, you have to raise a formal grievance under your firm's policy (if they have one - they should) or under the statutory model if not; they are usually the same in any decent company. Obviously this may stir up the wasps nest, but nothing else formally counts. You can ask for a copy of your account of events to be put on your file, but formally this counts for nothing.

What they have done does not follow the ACAS code, which is the new disciplinary procedure, and thus actually mean jack technically, so you may just decide to utter the epithet "Cock!" loudly and completely ignore it.

Crankarm

Guru
AFAIK you can't claim unfair dismissal unless you have more than 12 months service other than on the grounds of sex, disability, race, religion and age discrimination. You don't say how long you have been with your employer. There is a 3 month time limit for tribunal if I remember from the date of your resignation. Trouble is you have to resign first and then bring an action against your employer. A tribunal can order re-instatement or damages for loss of earnings and "hurt feelings". If the relationship deteriorates with your boss then the relationship of mutual trust and confidence between you and your employer could be viewed as irrevocably damaged. If you believe it is not your fault then seek employemnt law advice. Keep a copy of all emails, correspondence and a note of all conversations dates, times and witnesses. Keep your nose clean try not to give them anything to make them more likely to select you should they need to lay people off.

Top Bottom