Project Bike #2 - Raleigh Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboytaylor

That's a great job you've done there!

BTW do you know the name/code of the colour? I'd like something like that colour for my next bike - it'll be kinda off the peg so I can have it sprayed any colour the guy can match.

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

Joe24 said:
What are those Power grip things like?

I'm really impressed with them. I bought them on a wim - they were cheap and I'd never heard of them, so wasn't expecting much. But I really like them. They are intuitive and simple. They hold your foot really firmly, but you control how much pressure they apply (by rotating you foot).

bonj said:
I do like the bolt on sprocket to hub.

I no longer need to worry about stripped threads or getting idiot rash using a sprocket spanner. :smile:

bigfella said:
Another nice job there, what do you use for the seat pin bolt - just an ordinary nut and bolt? I don't want to use the old one for mine so I might just put in a nice allen stainless nut and bolt.

Also - what have you done with the gear levers?

Thank you. :tongue: Yep, ordinary nut washer and bolt. For the gear levers, the frame should have down tube shifters. I but cable convert caps over the top of them, just to tidy it up a bit.

Here are the final 'glamour' pix with the pedal straps on taken in my usual photo op location. :biggrin:

3519731438_a8486c1ce5_o.jpg

3519732764_2353b7320a_o.jpg

(Worth viewing full size, at least I think so...)

OP
OP
zzpza

zzpza

D'oh! Missed these...

threebikesmcginty said:
You've made a good job of that, looks really nice - just like a proper racer ought to look!

Thank you :tongue:

bigfella said:
Ahh I wondered for a minute there!

This is a nice site, I've ordered some bits from them:

http://www.velosolo.co.uk/gallery.html

VeloSolo is the new name for London Fixie, which is where I got the ISOCog from.

fossyant said:
Great job !

Cheers :biggrin:

theboytaylor said:
That's a great job you've done there!

BTW do you know the name/code of the colour? I'd like something like that colour for my next bike - it'll be kinda off the peg so I can have it sprayed any colour the guy can match.

Thanks. :smile: Sorry, I pointed to a chart when I dropped the frames off at the powder coaters. That's all I remember from the selection process!

Top Bottom