England : London Putative pootle - City of London at lunchtime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There seem to be a fair few CycleChat wage slaves in and around the City. Would there be any interest in a pootle to get away temporarily from the inevitable sandwich-at-desk that passes for lunch? I'm thinking of a gentle 50-minute round trip to a park or something interesting to look at rather than anything more intense - not least because I don't want to change out of a suit.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
would you City types welcome an interloper from Borough?

Kies

I work by St Pauls .... Don't commute every day and even less in winter months, but i would love a lunchtime pootle

Lee_M

Guru
although I nominally work in London (More London Place, by Tower Bridge) I have been sent to a client at Canary Wharf, so afraid I wont be joining you

If you do it next week, some of us members of IDS' lazy army oof shirkers could join you too.

(apart from Tuesday, I have to have my spirit broken further sign on Tuesday morning - actually, Forest Hill into town is quite nice, would have to be on bad bike though)

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
How about next Tuesday, at 12:45 then? Subject to weather, probably! Selfishly, I'll suggest the Monument as a starting point - it is fairly central between Southwark and Moorgate. Any bright ideas as to somewhere we can pootle to and from inside an hour, preferably with time for a bite to eat?

Andrij

Über Member
Wonder if I can sweet-talk my boss into an extended lunch break, assuming I'm not stuck on the HellDesk. (Technically, we only get 30 minutes, but it's not policed stringently).

Monument is convenient - used to work next to it, now I'm an entire two blocks away.

Top Bottom