Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Why is this site operating if .Gov Uk takes payments I wonder?

"You are signing up for a 50p trial where you will get access to vehicle reminders and more for up to five vehicles, once the trial period has ended you will be charged £7.85 to use the service, cancel anytime."

The above-mentioned "trial period" is 24 hours, and there's no mention that I can see on the website of how often the "subscription" is charged.

Hope that answers your question.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I was a lad, a mountain had to be 3,000' to be an actual mountain.
When did they only have to be a mere 2,000' to attain such heady heights?

🤔

classic33

Leg End Member
You see some hi viz jackets with it on too.
Often horse riders and some cyclists.
Often with a blue and white checkered pattern.
Not sure how legal they are.
View attachment 725687
Perfectly legal.
You could even buy them on here at one time, from Padbeat.

Alex321

Veteran
When I was a lad, a mountain had to be 3,000' to be an actual mountain.
When did they only have to be a mere 2,000' to attain such heady heights?

🤔

There is no official definition of a mountain. 600m is one of the more accepted heights, and is what is used by the government for the freedom of access laws.

richardfm

Veteran
There is no official definition of a mountain. 600m is one of the more accepted heights, and is what is used by the government for the freedom of access laws.

Which government? There are different laws in Scotland, England and Wales regarding "the right to roam". Can you provide a link to legislation that supports what you say?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Probably to con you in to paying more than you need to, with them creaming off the profit.

"You are signing up for a 50p trial where you will get access to vehicle reminders and more for up to five vehicles, once the trial period has ended you will be charged £7.85 to use the service, cancel anytime."

The above-mentioned "trial period" is 24 hours, and there's no mention that I can see on the website of how often the "subscription" is charged.

Hope that answers your question.

I phoned my bank yesterday about another matter, but I did mention this site. They had a look at it and said it is a 50p charge, once you give your details and they definitely don't take payments for your 'road tax'. Though they did say that it's a legitimate site, although a bit misleading.

Top Bottom