Rabid anti-cyclist comments on York Press story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Seems to me as though there should have been a warning sign on the cycle path.

Standard procedure when using 2 way lights on a section of road where a minor road joins is to place a sign saying "Caution, Traffic Ahead Under Signal Control" (or similar, I forget the exact wording) on the minor road.

Edit: something like this;

768_Traffic_Under_Signal_Control_165_165_120223050852.jpg

Linford

Has to be 25mph, though obviously there's precious little humour to be extracted from that. Especially as I will be undertaking you on my road bike :biggrin:

Correct, that is the speed at which you judge to be the appropriate speed for that particular corner given the information you have in front of you. Anything more than that is chancing it as you cannot safely pull up within the distance you see to be safe.

The lower high st in my town is a one way road, but you would be a mug to step out into the road without looking both ways as you risk walking into pedestrians, and sorry to say also that there are a few cycle riders (not cyclists) who regularly ride against the flow of traffic.

People only remember the bad ones :sad:

Bigsharn

Veteran
Because, at that point the road is separated into two carriageways by a very long island. You would no more expect a car to be coming down the RH side than you would if you were joining a motorway.

Stranger things have happened...

York press website said:
“I checked to my right for traffic before joining the carriageway,” he said. “Then I came face to face with oncoming traffic from my left, being directed down the wrong side of the road due to one carriageway being closed.”

Top Bottom