Racing License?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Put down a 23.47min 10m TT this week so feel I am ready to race (self measured course, not a club TT)

Checked out the website to get a liscense for road racing and the various different organisations and memberships you need to purchase seem to cost about £70!!

Is this the cheapest it can be done? Any info appreciated.

Dave5N

Über Member
Silver membership for BC and a licence is £68 I think. You don't need to be in a club to race.

For time trials, you need to be in a CTT affiliated club I think.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
thanks for the help, I think I will spend the extra and get gold membership - though that does put the price up even more B)

gavintc

Guru
I also think that in your mind, maybe not in your pocket, you can separate the membership of BC from the race licence. The membership is I think an essential element of cycling on the roads. It gives you insurance and I strongly believe that we all need either BC or CTC membership for the confidence it gives through protection.

mondobongo

Über Member
You don't need a racing licence to do a TT. Contact your local Road Club see what goes on in your area membership to the club and CTC insurance is going to be a lot cheaper than BC Gold. I pay £3O a year £20 subs and £10 for CTC 3rd party Insurance.

If you are looking to do more than Time Trial such as a few Cat 4 Races then you will need a Racing Licence.

I understood you don't even need a licence for Cat4, you could buy a day licence ?

You won't get points (on the licence you haven't got...) so you couldn't do this and seek to upgrade to Cat3, etc but it's cheaper than a full BC licence as a toe-in-the water to see if racing's for you.

As Mondo says though, you don't need a BC racing licence for TT'ing, just to be a member of CTT-affiliated club.

If you are racing with TLI or LVRC then they don't need a BC licence either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Try a club ten - you'll probably go lot's faster......it's the adrenaline !!!

Top Bottom