Raliegh BB wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg Ive picked up this freebie today , im going to get it up and running for my lad , but it does look like the BB is not original and someone has tried to force one with the wrong thread imto the frame , so if if anyone got one knockin about Let me know , Ta

S-Express

You need to be clear on what type of BB you are after, as there isn't really any such thing as a 'Raleigh BB' as such.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I chased up getting a tap to rethread this , but cost is a bit mad, so i will get a threadless BB and go with that , it will certainly do for his nibbs to shuffle around town on ,

si_c

Guru
AFAIUI the easier way to check is if the width of the BB shell is 68 mm, then it's not Raleigh threaded and any BSA/English thread BB will fit. Otherwise you may well have to go with a threadless BB, I'd avoid that though if possible as the threadless BBs I've seen required some frame prep to work properly.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
As suspected , the threads have been stripped badly, had a word with a mob from Dorset , they will send me a threadless for about £16, , Ive got chain set with square taperd pedals , So all should be good , nice run about for Matey ,

Top Bottom