Ratcatcher's bike.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
If it is illegal to release a rat into the wild, how do you humanely kill it. I once worked on a ship which had a problem with rats and the accepted method was to toss them overboard. :sad:
Shovel, hockey stick, cricket bat, terrier, 12 bore, air rifle, the list is pretty long and unlimited...... whether any of that is OK depends on the size of your kitchen, and type of floor covering.
Joking aside, rats are hard to euthanize. Pet forums will go into detail about how vets give one a lethal injection.

....just back from a cycle ride along the canal, and released rat number 6. Most extraordinary thing happened. Usually I place the trap on the ground and raise the front door, then it hesitates for a few seconds before bounding off, leaping with what seems like sheer delight at being freed.

This time, the rat did indeed bound off, and I'm still holding the door open as I watch it race off. Well, it did a complete circle and came running back towards me and straight back into the cage. I don't know who was more shocked at this point, me or the rat.
It sat there for a couple of seconds, with a look that said 'sh*t.....not meant to do that', then flew back out again into the undergrowth.
Unbelievable........who'd of thunk it......if only I had it on film.......:eek:

Top Bottom