Ready to go tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sorry, you must have mistaken this thread with the one where someone asked for an opinion on tubeless VS tubes.

Have you got an answer to the specific question that the OP has asked? If you don't, just feel free to not post.

Sorry, you must have mistaken this thread with the one where someone asked for an opinion on tubeless VS tubes.

Have you got an answer to the specific question that the OP has asked? If you don't, just feel free to not post.
Sorry you must have mistaken this site for somewhere where people dont chip in and give there opinions on all sorts of things, regardless of the topic. The OP obviously thought tubeless where invented in the land of milk and honey. I stayed loosely within the topic of tubeless and gave my opinion. If you do not like it, thats unfortunate.

OP
OP
D

dead_storm

Regular
Received new tyres and the Muc off kit (for time being) thank you everyone now to watch a few videos etc
77119C83-92C0-4F6B-804D-78CCACD736FE.jpeg

Sorry you must have mistaken this site for somewhere where people dont chip in and give there opinions on all sorts of things, regardless of the topic. The OP obviously thought tubeless where invented in the land of milk and honey. I stayed loosely within the topic of tubeless and gave my opinion. If you do not like it, thats unfortunate.
Too bad your opinion brings no value to the topic whatsoever. Just a waste of everyone's time.

I'll make sure it's the last time you waste my time. You're on ignore from now. Goodbye to you and your utterly useless posts.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Too bad your opinion brings no value to the topic whatsoever. Just a waste of everyone's time.

I'll make sure it's the last time you waste my time. You're on ignore from now. Goodbye to you and your utterly useless posts.
Its a CC "thing". People replying "you don't want to do that" and ignoring the OP's question.

You just have to get used to it.

One I particularly remember was when I asked about bike facilities on on a specific train service. I received a lot of replies generally along the lines that I shouldn't go there by train, I should ride there, I should drive there, I should go at a different time, I should go somewhere else entirely - at some other time, and that I was just plain stupid. No one had any knowledge about, or attempted to answer, my question.

No one had any knowledge about,
I've worked out that this is the key. They are usually the sort of people that want to "win" a discussion, so would rather look in some way superior, than keep their trap shut and scroll on by.

n.b. I reserve the right to not practice what I preach. In which case it's because I'm a really nice guy and just trying to help. 💋

p.s. I reckon tubeless only makes sense above a certain tyre width, and below a certain pressure. Well you did ask. I think.

Milzy

Guru
Just done these. Need to keep moving them around so the sealant doesn’t set at the bottom. They are not to be ridden in winter.

Attachments

• E9322CB8-D4D0-4BC8-A859-FE6B319C772C.jpeg
    E9322CB8-D4D0-4BC8-A859-FE6B319C772C.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 8

Mr Celine

Discordian
Anyone thinking tubeless are the land of milk and honey should check out the other thread where someone has spent more time asking how to get tubeless tyres to seat on their rims than I've spent fixing punctures in the last ten years.

IMNSHO opinion tubeless tyres, disc brakes, through axles etc were developed to address certain conditions in the mountain bike area and unless you experience those conditions where you ride you really don't need that technology.

Milzy

Guru
Anyone thinking tubeless are the land of milk and honey should check out the other thread where someone has spent more time asking how to get tubeless tyres to seat on their rims than I've spent fixing punctures in the last ten years.
Because some folk are just completely useless with their hands & should get the LBS to do it for them.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Last edited:

alchurch

Because some folk are just completely useless with their hands & should get the LBS to do it for them.
I took mine to LBS. the tires could not be persuaded to seat there either. LBS were no too keen on trying because they did not supply the tires or wheels. Sent everything back to the wheel builder who seated the tire by using an additional layer of rim tape

Top Bottom