rear wheel for road bike with freewheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamhearn

Veteran
looking for a road bike wheel with freewheel for 7speed shimano freewheels, can be used as long as it's working.
Not sure if it's any use but I have a Tru-build 700C Rear Wheel, Mach1 240 rim, model RGR948 IIRC in black. I ran it for 18 months (approx 1000 miles) and IIRC it runs fairly true.

I swapped the wheel out for a freehub variant after I broke the axle and wanted to go to an 8 speed cassette. The drive side cup shows a bit of scuffing where I rode it home with the broken axle and I don't have an axle in it [for obvious reasons!].

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
Not sure if it's any use but I have a Tru-build 700C Rear Wheel, Mach1 240 rim, model RGR948 IIRC in black. I ran it for 18 months (approx 1000 miles) and IIRC it runs fairly true.

I swapped the wheel out for a freehub variant after I broke the axle and wanted to go to an 8 speed cassette. The drive side cup shows a bit of scuffing where I rode it home with the broken axle and I don't have an axle in it [for obvious reasons!].

and how much would you want for it? with postage ofc

adamhearn

Veteran
Not sure how much postage would be but I'd guess it'd be around £10 so how's £8 for the wheel making £18 sound?

OP
OP
Torvi

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
think ill pass after all, for 35 ill have new one that will be good 100%, 18+new hollow axle is around 25quids... saving 10 quids is not worth the hassle sorry :smile:

Top Bottom