reasons not to go to Austrailia. #1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

What a big jessie of a bird that is/was.

How crap would it have to be to get caught in a spider web? 'oh I am feeling faint, please help me, oh I am having a hot flush..'

shoot bird, deserves to be lunch IMO...:sad:

purpleR

Guru
'Spiders, big m**********r spiders' was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. I choose not to follow that link!

Noodley

I lived in Australia for a while, and worked in some fairly remote places. No need to worry about spiders and snakes and stuff....

Noodley

purpleR said:
...just how many hundred miles away is the nearest GP/ airstrip/ antidote....

...who cares when it ain't a problem?

People make an issue of 'things'. Fair enough, 'things' happen...but 'things' happen all over the world.

D'ya think Aussie's worry about being mauled to death be red deer stags in Scotland?

rikki

Legendary Member
Naah

The bird probably died and feel into the web :sad:

The Golden Orb spider's web is very strong.

According to the University of Southern Queensland:-

Golden Orb spiders

Toxicity:
Not aggressive (the spider normally runs to the top of the web when alarmed) and not considered very toxic but able to cause necrotising arachnidism

That's something you don't want. i.e. Progressive ulceration and loss of skin around the site of a biting by a number of araneomorph spider species. Its cause is uncertain and for this reason no fully effective treatments are available at the present time.

I think that you would have to be really nasty to the spider to get it to bite you.

Keith Oates

Janner
Not just daytime TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sorry noods, but austrailia seems to have too many things that either want to fuc& you or eat you for my liking. You can keep it.

Tetedelacourse

From the same article, a leopard eats a croc! A heron eats a rabbit!

I saw a horse tossing a sheep about once but nothing as spectacular as that.

Dayvo

just passin' through
dan_bo said:
Sorry noods, but austrailia seems to have too many things that either want to fuc& you or eat you for my liking. You can keep it.

I have encountered a few of the female variety, especially in Earl's Court! :biggrin:

Top Bottom