Recent Trip to Whinlatter Forest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Fantastic MTB trails here - and just some great riding around the forest if you don't fancy anything full-on.

Hired a couple of Cube MTBs - which weren't bad at all. The wife found the MTB trails a little hairy in places (and, if I'm honest, so did I - we're both confirmed roadies). Having said that, we were getting the bug after a couple of jaunts around the blue trail. Then decided to take off and explore the roads around the forest.

Honestly, this place is great. It was early April - and we picked the only day of full sunshine during the whole week. Had some fantastic riding - and a few nice climbs. Climbing up and finding snow was a superb payback for the aching legs.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 71

Nearly there

Veteran
Pleased you enjoyed my back yard stunning aint it ^_^

OP
OP
IanT

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Pleased you enjoyed my back yard stunning aint it ^_^
Yes me to as I'm from Carlisle so not far a way for me to
Nice to do natural stuff in the lakes as well!

Oh, you lucky so and so's. Fantastic place - my wife and I are confirmed Lake District fans and will be returning in October, so a return to Whinlatter will definitely be on the cards.

We are also going to take the roadies (which we did not do this time) and take in some of the fantastic road riding around the lakes.

Honestly, my work has taken me the world over and, frankly, you can keep it. Give me a day in the lakes over anywhere else on Earth - regardless of the weather. In fact, I think a bit of wind and rain just enhances it.

flying start

Veteran
Yes it's a lovely place me and my mate did borrowed dale bash last September and the wether was horrendous heavy rain but still had a smile on my face all the way round fantastic ride out, worth looking into it if you want to do some natural stuff!!

Nearly there

Veteran
Oh, you lucky so and so's. Fantastic place - my wife and I are confirmed Lake District fans and will be returning in October, so a return to Whinlatter will definitely be on the cards.

We are also going to take the roadies (which we did not do this time) and take in some of the fantastic road riding around the lakes.

Honestly, my work has taken me the world over and, frankly, you can keep it. Give me a day in the lakes over anywhere else on Earth - regardless of the weather. In fact, I think a bit of wind and rain just enhances it.
Yes its a great place to ride im lucky to have it on my door step

Top Bottom