Recommend a shredder please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can anyone recommend a paper shredder please?

I would like to get a good one that lasts more than two years or so. Preferably quietish rather than generating a noise like a pneumatic drill, and not too expensive ie about £40. It does not need to cut credit cards, but needs to cope with staples etc. The bigger the bin the better.

It is only for home use as I would like to shred confidential paperwork. Thank you.

I have looked on Amazon, and they seem to have a good selection. None of my local shops sell them, unfortunately. Even if I venture as far as Staples, the shop, they are not plugged in for me to hear how noisy they are.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't know, but I can post Cindy to you as long you give her back. She might need a walk, do the toilet and have some food, but hey, at least she'll happily shred all your paperwork for you!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lidl have some in at the mo (well, mine does). We got one 2 yrs ago, and it's still working fine. It's a small one that you position over a bin. Works well. Cheap too. Can't remember price right now.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have this one:

418pF-DjMaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Link -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RZHW0E/ref=oss_product

We bought one of these from Rymans before Christmas for the same kind of uses. It's not what I'd call quiet though, but there's a very Star Trekky blue light that comes on when it's shredding! :biggrin:

Shredding staples, I was told when I asked, does reduce the life of the shredder, by the way. We spend a few mins taking them out as I'd kind of hope this shredder will last us a while.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think if you look on Twitter you can get one that'll make you breakfast too

Shredder tweet :rolleyes:

Top Bottom