Regulator Rides on Paris.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well done Reg ,enjoy the cold one and your evening..

A slight word of warning, only slight but the inner city YHA's quite often get turned over. Hide your valuables.

It does look quite good though.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What kind of establishment is this? Just looked at their "escapades" page out of idle curiosity - packages including
Contents of selection: Massage oil and lubricant two-in-one, four romantic candles, a silky eye blindfold, a pen, a vibrating ring.
I know I've led a sheltered existence, but what on earth is the pen for? :eek:

Edit: Just looked at the original French version, and it's a plume, i.e. a feather.
This starts to make more sense now.
It's called pres du hom. My French might be a bit ropey, but isn't that something like Near the man?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I was just wondering where you were today.

Eurostar it most certainly. Dunkirk town is miles from the ferry terminal and the ride to it is incredibly underwhelming.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Saturday 10 September

I've arrived at my hotel: the Urban Hotel and Spa in Lille.

It's based in old house in an 'interesting' area of town. It has mixed reviews on the web but it seems as though there is a refurbishment process under way and the staff some very nice. They certainly didn't blink an eyelid about the bike and suggested I lock it in their secluded courtyard. They even carried my bags up to my room.

The house itself is quite something. They've done some very sensitive renovations to the interior.

My room is small but it has a really comfy bed and a nice en suite. Plus it has a proper coffee maker. And it's only £40 per night including breakfast!

I'm going to have a quick coffee and then pootle for some sightseeing.

Another big plus for this hotel is that, on a Sunday, breakfast is served until midday. Now that's what I call civilised!
I've got friends at the start of a three week tour in France. They're camping due to budget constraints, much to the delight of one and the horror of the other. I won't tell them about your adventures...

Top Bottom