Reporting an incident to Stagecoach Sheffield..where to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone had any dealings with Stagecoach (particularly Stagecoach Sheffield)

Had the nearest of all passes this morning - in fact no, it was a collision, the rear of the bus actually brushed my shoulder as I banged like a maniac on the rapidly encroaching side of the bus (my fingers still numb 53 minutes later!!) and braked, giving serious consideration to abandoning bike under the wheels and leaping off onto the kerb (I know anything like that has potential to go horribly wrong but it was almost getting to that point)

I know the driver heard my banging as he then stopped in the middle of the road, I went past him, stopped in front and told him how close he was to having me under his wheels

Now, if I had detected any sign of acknowledging that he'd screwed up and had been careless I might have let it go, but he leaned out of his window

"Are you under them? NO! Well I'm a good driver then ain'I?"

The definition of "good driver" meaning an ability to physically force other traffic into evasive manoevres that prevent injory or fatality

This bloke WILL kill someone driving like that - especially on a wet day

I just have this feeling that contacting the bog-standard address on the website will lead to the complaint being filed until such time as there is no CCTV evidence (will be none of the pass, but some of the conversation, enough to identify the driver - as I'm afraid my mind was still more in self-preservation mode than evidence-gathering so all I have is the bus route number, time, and my description of the driver)

I take it Stagecoach do have forward facing CCTV on their buses?

Unfortunately my cam seems not to want to work at the moment

BSRU

A Human Being
When I complained to Stagecoach, almost 18 months ago, about a driver they were very good.

I do not know about Sheffield buses but the buses here fitted with camera's have more than just a forward facing camera, many seem to have four.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Not promising:

"Where should the letter be addressed to"

- Ecclesfield

"Is that S35 9WY"

- Err, dunno the postcode (background "OI, what's postcode here") - It's 9W1 - S35 9W1

"Who do I address it to"

- Err (background, "If he's writing a letter where does it get sent to is it Managing Director") - Yeah it's the Manag - (hang on, who? Jones?) Oh right, yerr, it's Mark Jones

You know when you get the feeling "oh, we've got a moaner here, fob them off"...

Go round to the local depo, ask to see the chief inspector and tell him / her you are fetching in a group of bykers unless you get satisfaction (they will they think you mean the local Hell's Angels) that should get results.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
I did look online, it looks just to be the depot address, and on ringing it was answered by someone who was, shall we say, obviously not employed for telephone reception abilities

My reason for raising this question was that if anyone else has had contact with them and knows of any decent contact name etc

My impressions from calling the phone to find out details left me with the distinct impression that if it isn't addressed to the right person, it may well end up pinned to the wall on the canteen with something like "****ing cyclist, 100 bonus points to anyone who knocks this **** off" scrawled on it

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I did look online, it looks just to be the depot address, and on ringing it was answered by someone who was, shall we say, obviously not employed for telephone reception abilities

My reason for raising this question was that if anyone else has had contact with them and knows of any decent contact name etc

My impressions from calling the phone to find out details left me with the distinct impression that if it isn't addressed to the right person, it may well end up pinned to the wall on the canteen with something like "****ing cyclist, 100 bonus points to anyone who knocks this **** off" scrawled on it

Not sure if this will help you at all but ................

Code of Practice
Stagecoach welcomes customer comments and suggestions because it helps us to improve our services and put things right when they have gone wrong.

We want people to contact us rather than just stop using our services.

We will handle complaints with tact and consideration and never take them personally.

We know that customers want to be taken seriously more than anything else.

When we have failed, we will offer a sincere, speedy apology and a genuine commitment to avoid a repetition.

The Code
  1. Responsibility for ensuring we handle suggestions and complaints, according to this code, lies with the Operations Director.
  2. We commit to giving information on how to contact us with suggestions and complaints in a standard form; on our website, on a notice on the bus and information leaflets.
  3. We commit to specifically briefing and training all our staff on the Code of Practice and our procedures.
  4. All suggestions and complaints, whether made in writing (including by email), in person or by telephone will be investigated and dealt with.
  5. We will provide a response as quickly as possible and always within one week, even if this is initially to explain what investigation needs to take place and how long this will take.
  6. When comments or complaints are about matters outside our control, we will forward them on to the relevant organisation and explain that we have done this.
  7. The Bus Passengers Platform, part of the statutory body, Passengers View Scotland in Scotland and the Bus Appeals Body (BAB), a non-statutory committee in England and Wales offer an independent review of complaints arising from the operation of local bus and scheduled coach services. If anyone is not satisfied with our response, we will always pass on contact details of these organisations and we will make their contact details available; on our website, on notices on all buses and information leaflets.
Bus Passengers Platform and Bus Appeals Body

All suggestions and complaints should first be directed to the responsible local operating company, details of whom can be found on our contact us page. If you are unhappy with our response you may contact the relevant independent review body detailed below.

In Scotland, independent review of complaints is provided by Bus Passengers Platform, part of the statutory body, Passengers View Scotland.

Bus Passengers' Platform
Scottish Government
Area 2D Dockside
Victoria Quay
Edinburgh
EH6 6QQ

The Bus Appeals Body in England and Wales is a non statutory committee offering an independent review of complaints arising from the operation of local bus and scheduled coach services in England and Wales.

In England contact,

BAB, c/o Bus Users UK
PO Box 119
Shepperton
TW17 8UX

In Wales contact,

BAB, c/o Bus Users UK (Wales)
Leckwith Offices
Sloper Road
Cardiff
CF11 8TD

ohnovino

Large Member
If there was a collision, I'd forget about complaining to Stagecoach and I'd take it to the police instead.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Personally I'd make an appontment to see the area manager and, if possible, whoever was the duty manager on that day. That way you're 100% guaranteed to get your point across.

pshore

Anyone had any dealings with Stagecoach (particularly Stagecoach Sheffield)
I had a too close incident in a different area recently.

If you want to get cctv from the bus preserved, you'll need to report it to the police. Stagecoach don't show you the footage but will show it to the police.

I was told a couple of weeks ago that double deckers only hold 5 days of footage before they overwrite. Single deckers have less cameras so can hold more days of data. You need to act fast.

Don't just contact the police, my recommendation is to get the details to SC ASAP so they can make an attempt at getting the footage.

In my case, even reporting immediately, they failed to save the footage. It's on my to-do list to make a complaint to the information commissioner re data protection issues.

Matt_Sheffield

Hi,

I've just PM'd you with a couple of contacts.

I had a good response from them when I asked a general question about a month ago, went through to the "Delegated Examiner", I think that would be a good contact, the name is on the email.

I hope that you're able to get them to listen.

Matt

Top Bottom