reynauds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I get really bad Reynauds, and use heated glove inners, which are a miracle cure, and have none of the side effects of medication.

Pricey mind, and don't last forever.

I use Blazewear, but there are others.

Popped them on at the top of the Cat and Fiddle today, 7 mile descent in single figure temperatures which even with the best gloves possible would set off the Raynaud's. No problem!

You need to wear under a pair of very well insulated windproof gloves.

https://www.blazewear.com/active-glove-liners-black-

what are they like with sti road levers ?
yeah i have done cat and fiddle in similar temps and my hands didnt warm up till ashbourne

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

went for a walk today in the local country park it was sunny , had a sports top, light rain coat , cap and those magic gloves and my fingers went white ,i think it was about 14 c

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Doctor has given me are supposed to be slow release but i cant feel them doing much for me apart from lowering my blood pressure which is ok as its on the high side of ok .
people still commenting my hands feel cold and sunday even though i was wearing 2 pairs of gloves the circulation went in my hands even though i was hot

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm now on the heated gloves for commuting since it's turned cold last few days.

Gwylan

Veteran
Looked at this for obvious reason.

Seems that's what I've got. Not much rhyme or reason to what sets it off.

Seems totally random. Or is this just the beginning?

Everything, including cycling is a lottery. The onset is random and the duration unpredictable.

Any suggestions for diet, exercise or whatever to put it off?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Exercise seemed to improve mine. Keeping my pulse points warm helps. I wear wrist warmers under gloves when cycling - and outdoors in general.

Tight gloves don't help. I used to have a pair of cycling mitts that were a bit on the tight side and if it came on while I was wearing them there was no way to warm my hands up again.

Putting my hands on the back of my neck or in my armpits helps to warm them up. Putting them on someone else might be better but it's a bit antisocial :laugh:

Mine seems to be triggered by going into a colder place so even in warm weather going into an air conditioned building or the chilled aisle in a supermarket can bring it on.

Top Bottom