Ribble sportive bianco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
The colour in the name bodes well :laugh:

Lovely looking bike and heres a review http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/bikes/128845/5/1000-bike-grouptest.html

Frame weight 960g so it's going to be quick.

I have a Gran Fondo and am very pleased with the quality- way better than I thought a Ribble would be.

You will get a few that have bad stories to tell about Ribble service but I wouldn't let that put you off.

vickster

Legendary Member
A colleague of mine is on his second Gran Fondo, bought another after totalling the first, oops

OP
OP

2good

Wot do you think of this spec?

Frame
Ribble Sportive Bianco Carbon Road Frame
Headset
Ribble Headset Branded Ribble 1 1/8" Hidden (ITS) 45 x 45
Groupset
Shimano 105 (5700) Silver 10 Spd Double Groupset
Show Groupset Data
Wheels
Rodi Airline 4 Clinchers Wheels Pair Black 8/9/10 Shim
Handlebars
ITM Alutech 6061 (31.8) Bars Black 42cm
Handlebar Stem
ITM Alutech 6061 (31.8) Stem Black 100mm
Headset Spacers
Trivio Headset Spacers Alloy 1 1/8" Black 10mm
Saddle
Selle Italia X1 Man Saddle Black
Seatpillar
CSN Superleggera Alloy Seatpillar Black 31.6 400mm
Tyres
Yaw Nitro Rigid Tyre Black/Black 700x23mm
Inner Tubes
Yaw Butyl Inner Tube 700x18/25 SV42mm
Handlebar Tape
ITM Cork Embossed Handlebar Tape Black
Price excluding Pedals: £1,124.95
Pedals: No Pedals currently selected.
Total Price inc Pedals: £1,124.95

gbb

Legendary Member
Wot do you think of this spec?

Frame
Ribble Sportive Bianco Carbon Road Frame
Headset
Ribble Headset Branded Ribble 1 1/8" Hidden (ITS) 45 x 45
Groupset
Shimano 105 (5700) Silver 10 Spd Double Groupset
Show Groupset Data
Wheels
Rodi Airline 4 Clinchers Wheels Pair Black 8/9/10 Shim
Handlebars
ITM Alutech 6061 (31.8) Bars Black 42cm
Handlebar Stem
ITM Alutech 6061 (31.8) Stem Black 100mm
Headset Spacers
Trivio Headset Spacers Alloy 1 1/8" Black 10mm
Saddle
Selle Italia X1 Man Saddle Black
Seatpillar
CSN Superleggera Alloy Seatpillar Black 31.6 400mm
Tyres
Yaw Nitro Rigid Tyre Black/Black 700x23mm
Inner Tubes
Yaw Butyl Inner Tube 700x18/25 SV42mm
Handlebar Tape
ITM Cork Embossed Handlebar Tape Black
Price excluding Pedals: £1,124.95
Pedals: No Pedals currently selected.
Total Price inc Pedals: £1,124.95

Having the Sportive Racing, slightly more expensive frame, I was surprised at the your total cost, but I see you're going for 105. mine was Veloce, 105 being a bit pricier.
I know they're different frames, but I love my Sportive, almost a year on (although I havnt done the mileage I used to do), its spotless, the frame and finish looks like new, . If I think back to my Bianchi (which I loved as well), the frame paint chipped quite frequently, shame really.
If the geometry is similar, I find mine very comfortable and can stay on the drops far more and happier than I ever could on my Bianchi. Never detected any flex whatsoever, it seems very stiff, but comfortable at the same time, it just seems to glide along.
Tyres and tubes...don't expect too much from them. They're going to be cheap and heavy with very limited protection against punctures. If you're even thinking of upgrading them later...try to do it now. Why spend twice ?

The Rodis are heavy. Mine spin very well out of the box but I never used them really and fitted them straight onto the Bianchi to sell.
They look quite nice mind and ive read conflicting reports re their durability. Some say they've found them durable and strong, some say they've snapped spokes etc. Rider weight, road conditions may be a major factor...I cant really say.

Conflicting reports re Ribble themselves, but my experience was SPOT ON. Delivered on time, no fuss, no aggro. But then I did ALL the homework, left nothing to chance (sizes, spec etc etc)..so I had no need to contact them once the order was placed ..perhaps that's where people go wrong and then find Ribbles staff availability 'wanting'.

I'd have NO hesitation in recommending them based on my experiences, but do the homework first and reduce the chances of finding out about their 'debatable' customer service.

Bugger really, I love curved top tubes...the Sportive Bianco wasn't on their books when I brought mine (I don't think anyway)...because i'd have probably gone for it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nice spec apart from the wheels and tyres - I'd get some better entry level ones like Mavic Aksiums etc

;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Needs a white saddle and tape

Phoning seems a sensible suggestion. I think fulcrum 5 wheels are pretty good too, perhaps also the cheaper 7s. I probably choose better tyres, saves the hassle of changing them soon

TheDizzle

When you select the Mavics it defaults to the Campag groupset version. Accept this change, then there should be a new drop down menu under the wheel selection to change back to Shimano. It will then change back to the base Tiagra, you can then select your 105 (if you can still afford it!).

Hope that helps

Top Bottom