Road bike (now sorted)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

Looking for a decent road/endurance bike.

Im open to anything with the following

carbon frame
disk (hydraulic preferably)
105 groupset
must be in very good condition
medium frame size.

ideally I’d like a giant defy but as said willing to consider anything really

Im willing to pay around £900-£1000 for the right bike

I’m in Central Scotland but would be willing to for pay courier delivery.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not for me but thanks.
Might be worth explaining why not as it meets all your criteria? The brand or model? The colour? If so, best add what you are seeking :okay:
Also, your budget has come down by a third from your which bike thread with no reduction to spec requirements?
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/£1500-budget.283603/

Good luck with your search :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Might be worth explaining why not as it meets all your criteria? The brand or model? The colour? If so, best add what you are seeking :okay:
Also, your budget has come down by a third from your which bike thread with no reduction to spec requirements?
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/£1500-budget.283603/

Good luck with your search :okay:
The colour.

And decided to lower how much I’m willing to spend on a used bike.

Something like this which I narrowly missed out on is what I’m after

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-De...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

You see they are available at the price I want,contrary to the poster above LBS stores opinion. I’m not buying from a LBS either,they have to get their cut also.

I’m patient and I will get the right bike for me.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunately coming into spring, used roadbike prices are likely to rise. However, at least new stock is available unlike this time last year, so you might get lucky with someone upgrading and selling their current bike :okay:

on eBay, for a bike you really want, you always need a flexible budget, top bid £100-200 above what you would prefer to pay but can still afford

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Unfortunately coming into spring, used roadbike prices are likely to rise. However, at least new stock is available unlike this time last year, so you might get lucky with someone upgrading and selling their current bike :okay:

on eBay, you always need a flexible budget, top bid £100-200 above what you would prefer to pay but can still afford
Yes I know this.

But thanks.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’m patient and I will get the right bike for me.
excellent, do come back in a few months and tell us what you bought...

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Really. As you have no idea what the offered deal was you are, with respect, talking male cow's ordure.
Well that’s your opinion.

If you look at the linked bike above.

That is proof enough that I can get what I’m looking for,for the price I want to pay.

Thanks for your input and opinion.

Have a nice day 👍

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

What "offered deal" are you talking about?

It clearly states "Winning bid £1,030.00".
He seen a bike at his LBS. Apparently they said I’m dreaming and I can’t get a bike With the spec I want for that money…..then proceeded to say they will do me a deal on one . He didn’t state the price etc. I was to PM for that info

All very weird indeed.

Top Bottom