Road rider newb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Veganpower why not go 2nd hand route and get a lot more bike for your bucks
+1 and you have the benefit that someone else has taken the depreciation slap for you.

Buy the right used bike and chances are you'll get your money back for it if you ever decided to sell it on, buy the wrong one though and it can easily bite you on the bum.

One of the great things about CC though is if you see one you fancy, start a thread, post a link and ask for advice/reviews. You won't be short of responses.

Good luck and happy hunting, wish I was bike hunting, I love it :thumbsup:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I agree, and really I was just asking in general for the future. Perhaps I caught him on a bad day or something.

I do have a Decathlon near me, I'll check the Triban out. The bike fit service at Halfords did appeal to me though. I know their staff are a bit him and miss but I know there is a good guy in the Rose Kiln Lane branch.
The bike fit at my halfords consisted of sitting on the bike and doing the heel on pedal check for seat height, so nothing you cant do yourself and i have always found decathlon to be better value and better specced the halfords .The main reason all my bikes are from halfords is because they were all bought on C2W.

OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

The bike fit at my halfords consisted of sitting on the bike and doing the heel on pedal check for seat height, so nothing you cant do yourself and i have always found decathlon to be better value and better specced the halfords .The main reason all my bikes are from halfords is because they were all bought on C2W.

That's disappointing!!! I was hoping for a more comprehensive service since they say it can take over an hour. I've got no chance of the C2W scheme. I'm an agency worker for the Council so my perks are..... well there aren't any.

OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

+1 and you have the benefit that someone else has taken the depreciation slap for you.

Buy the right used bike and chances are you'll get your money back for it if you ever decided to sell it on, buy the wrong one though and it can easily bite you on the bum.

One of the great things about CC though is if you see one you fancy, start a thread, post a link and ask for advice/reviews. You won't be short of responses.

Good luck and happy hunting, wish I was bike hunting, I love it :thumbsup:

Thanks, that's a plan. I'll post whats I finds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

I came home from work to see my Shmano M088 's had arrived, just finished fitting my pedals. I think its time for a spin :dance:

Top Bottom