Ronnie's 50th birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Just thought I'd mention that today would have been my oldest friend's 50th birthday if he was still with us but sadly, he lost his long struggle with depression last year.

We'd known each other since we were 17 year old recruits in he RAF and we'd been friends ever since - he was 1 day older than me and never let me forget his seniority!

Mrs C and I travelled up to Lincoln over the bank holiday weekend to see Ronnie's widow while she was back from Australia visiting her family. We had a nice meal together and raised a few glasses in his honour and shared some fond memories.

So here's to RDY, the world's just a little more ordinary without you.

That's sad, vbc! But you had 32 years as best mates, and the memories will always be with you.

gbb

Legendary Member
Good for you vbc, for remembering the good times, his character and staying in touch. We all need to know we'll live on in someones memory.

OP
OP
V

vbc

Thanks for you thoughts.

Ronnie's widow gave me a small phial of his ashes as a gift - seemed a bit odd at the time but I took him into work today as it was my 50th too. Had him in my shirt pocket all day - seemed the right thing to do.

Top Bottom