Rossi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I know what you're saying CP but I don't think he thinks of himself as a demi-god, it's we the punters that do that!

In fairness to Rossi, I'm sure he's stated that he likes the challenge of Stoner or Pedrosa. He's always maintained he likes racing and it's more enjoyable for him to actually race someone rather than merely stay on the track and in front. That's what I like about him, his desire to challenge himself. Like moving to Yamaha. He could have stayed put but that would have been boring for him.

There'll come a day when someone does consistently race Rossi off the track; it may even be Stoner or Pedrosa (what happened to Hayden??) but I reckon for the moment he is the guy to beat. And, when/if it does happen, I reckon he will be the 1st to say it and probably move on.

mr Mag00

rising member
i think despite the fact that rossi has been at the top of his game for many years, it has not stopped Moto GP producing exciting racing, the same cannot be said of formula yawn.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Which is the point he got to when testing for Ferrari, and WRC a couple of years ago. The bloke is super-talented, and it is refreshing to see the likes of Stoner et al coming through. No, I don't know WTF happened to Hayden either????

yello

I don't think his WRC trial was much of a success (by his standards)! Didn't he crash in a Welsh rally and then bugger off home; no more was said!

I recall quite recently someone saying that his go in an F1 Ferrari was pretty darned impressive and that he was producing some seriously quick lap times. But, again, nothing more seems to have come of it. Maybe the arrival of Stoner and Pedrosa (who came up through the ranks like him) made him think there was something worth staying for?? Who knows!

ComedyPilot said:
No, I don't know WTF happened to Hayden either????

He was riding the best bike and tyres when he won the championship but now the Honda isn't as good he's nowhere. You don't get beaten by a customer bike and keep your job with a factory team.

What makes Rossi a cut above the rest is that he can win on a bike whilst riding around problems - like he did the first year on a Yamaha

kyuss

Veteran
The most impressive thing about Rossi is that he comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke. Most people who dominate in their chosen sports come across as complete arses and are difficult to like (Schumacher, Armstrong). Rossi proves you don't have to be arrogant to excel.

Top Bottom