Saddle position

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twinks

Über Member
Trying to get my new bike set up to my best advantage. I have heard it said that many women prefer a slight tilt down to the front of the saddle but can anyone tell me when we are talking about the saddle being horizontal are we talking about the rails or the top of the seat nose to tail as these do not run parallel on my saddle. Thanks hope that is clear.

Citius

Top of the saddle really ought to be horizontal - the rail position in respect of that is incidental, and it will vary between different saddles anyway. As far as I'm aware, there's no particular reason why women should need saddles tilted down.

OP
OP
T

Twinks

Über Member
Ah thankyou. Yes that does feel better though haven't tried it out riding just sat on it.:smile:

Slioch

Guru
As above, but if it still feels a bit uncomfortable try either dropping or raising the nose by a couple of mm and see how it goes. You just need to play around with it a bit until you find the best position that works for you. It's amazing how much difference a 2mm change can make to your comfort.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
To check I put a large, A4 sort of size book, or anything flat, on top of the saddle with a spirit level on top. (Make sure the bike is standing on a level surface too).

Top Bottom