Safety Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
I am a utility/commuter cyclist. I started using cheap safety gloves. Ones with an abrasion coating on the palm. The idea being that if I do hit the deck it should limit the amount of skin damage. This morning when going to work at 5:15 it was 4°C. But for the short distance I do they were fine. Anyone else use these sort of gloves? If so what make? Mine come from a German supermarket!

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 10

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I use those kind of gloves for maintenance on bike but not for riding.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I have a range of half a dozen or so; from ski gloves for when it's really cold, through to fingerless when it's appropriate. None of them are "work" gloves.
It depends on the temperature and I'll take the next pair up or down if I think I'll get they will be required, either on the journey, or when commuting later in the day.
I did once experiment with my diving neoprene gloves, but that didn't work.

I am a utility/commuter cyclist. I started using cheap safety gloves. Ones with an abrasion coating on the palm. The idea being that if I do hit the deck it should limit the amount of skin damage.

I think these types of gloves will give good protection (although palm coverage would be enough for all the mishaps I've had!).

If you're only riding fairly short distances they're probably plenty comfortable - on longer rides you might suffer. Bad weather kit is another matter; the worse the weather, the more fussy you may need to be ...

Alex321

Veteran
I have a range of half a dozen or so; from ski gloves for when it's really cold, through to fingerless when it's appropriate. None of them are "work" gloves.
It depends on the temperature and I'll take the next pair up or down if I think I'll get they will be required, either on the journey, or when commuting later in the day.
I did once experiment with my diving neoprene gloves, but that didn't work.

Very similar for me, though I don't have fingerless gloves, just a pair of very thin gloves that were given out at a karting session I went to on a work do.

It was such a mild winter that I only wore the ski gloves a couple of times this year

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
currently using 2 pairs of gloves , a thin fleecy like glove with a windproof material glove on top , i do have reynauds so i have to be careful though.Yesterday i had to ride both ways in rain and i had my full on winter gloves on along with a lycra running glove underneath as they stop the lining pulling out when i take the thick glove off.

figbat

Slippery scientist
For deep winter I use a cheap pair of motorcycle winter gloves picked up in Aldidl some time. Fairly warm, fairly waterproof, armoured - they have done the trick so far. This is for MTBing mind.

Top Bottom