Scaremongering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Is anyone else getting sick to the back teeth of the f***ing scum media and their incessant scaremongering and doom and gloom reporting?

Yes, the world is in a bit of a crisis, we know that, but day in day out ever larger headlines about our impending doom or lack of future employment prospects is starting to p*** me off.

I wish they'd report the facts instead of all this sensationalist (hasn't come into fruition yet) bull sh*t, and give the public a break from their daily gloom peddling.

BTW, I haven't bought a paper for over 20 years, and still have a reasonable grasp on current affairs.

bonj2

Yes, that's why i devote very little of my time to reading the news.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Talking of scaremongering, it's estimated more than 1,500 people in the United States were killed in car crashes in the aftermath of the Twin Towers disaster as they drove instead of taking their regular flights reckoning the roads were safer. They tend not to show graphic car crashes on TV despite there being plenty of them every day.

PaulB

Legendary Member
On another site I visit, a post today reckoned there was somone on the tube this morning with a face mask on! Saying that, I saw loads of people wearing them today*, me.

* But I was in the operating theatre at Leeds General so they are excused.

longers said:
The Daily Mash is very good, I like this one.

Although the bit about cycling to work and eating bananas makes me uncomfortable for some reason...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I won't be worrying CP, I'll be munching left overs of your curry recipe for tea tomorrow ...yum..... (that was made a couple of weeks ago and frozen)

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
fossyant said:
I won't be worrying CP, I'll be munching left overs of your curry recipe for tea tomorrow ...yum..... (that was made a couple of weeks ago and frozen)

Glad you liked it.

I'll concoct another soon.

Carribean Snapper Curry.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The Daily Mash is great.
There's a bit where they 'report' a WHO spokesman saying we call it a a pandemic because of the Greek words 'pan' meaning everyone and ' demic' meaning ' scare the living shoots out of'

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
longers said:
I'll be having a go at it over the weekend :sad:

Oh it's very good...not hot, loads of aroma.....kids really enjoyed it... so that's a good start.....:blush: - and very healthy.....

Top Bottom