Scorchio!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Sunny and hot here :biggrin:.

I picked the wrong day to roast a ham and make soup though. I'm feeling roasted!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Went for utterly blissful spin through the country lanes. It's such an amazing day here. Sun on my back, blue skies, wind in my wheels...honestly happy to be alive.

I pounded up to Ashbourne through the lanes - 9.30 start, and sun just starting to be significantly irritating. Passed a couple of chain gangs. Chilled out with a calorie-fest (cake, water, more cake). Breezed back down the A52.

Darned hot - got through 3 bidons in 3 hours, which I suppose isn't excessive, but felt like all I was doing was drinking!

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
sunny in lesta but the clouds are becoming more numerous. Been a great week commuting, even took the scenic route last night - rabbits everywhere

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It were hot at Fairholmes - did about 5 miles with my daughter - in one of those moods - wasn't up for riding.. ah well.

Totally packed car parks - we got their early, so was fine. Loads of folk on bikes - I had the only road bike though !!! My MTB won't go on the roof rack due to the guards !

Look pedals and soft shoes give you foot ache though !! Walked a fair bit pushing my daughter up the odd hill.

Was good though - came back via Winnats (in the car)

bobg

Über Member
Cathryn said:
Went for utterly blissful spin through the country lanes. It's such an amazing day here. Sun on my back, blue skies, wind in my wheels...honestly happy to be alive.

Me too Cathryn, its often the little things that make you happy to be alive:biggrin: Out at 6 back at 10, not a pang of guilt for sitting in the garden "recovering" for the rest of the day...

peanut

beanzontoast said:
The Tissington Trail was awash with cyclists. Funny how a facility designed to encourage cycling ends up looking like the bike equivalent of a motorway jam!

yeah the Council are considering introducing a cycle congestion charge :sad::biggrin:

peanuts said:
yeah the Council are considering introducing a cycle congestion charge :sad::biggrin:

You heard it here first! :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hope it cools down tomorrow slightly. Got a 65 miler planned tomorrow which I'm somewhat nervous of in this heat.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Blisteringly hot here for a few days. Even managed to cycle to work on Wednesday, something I can't usually do 'cos I need to carry heaps of tools etc. and the lorry-infested area in which I work. Felt great to do it though, and was surprised to receive very few silly comments on my garb from uneducated workmates. Maybe this cycling thingy might catch on!

surfgurl

Had a little cycle along the seafront this morning. Lots of kids out building sand castles and swimming in the sea in beautiful sunshine. Today saw the annual swim across the bay, with 80 swimmers swimming to the island and back. I chained my bike up with about twenty other bikes on the railings. There are no dedicated cycle racks, but it was nice to see so many people out cycling.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Was out at 8.30 - 32 hilly miles, and home shortly after 10 - blooming hot climbing the brickworks, but misty in Cheshire - only got sun as I neared the edge of Derbyshire. Loads of bikes out early !!

Top Bottom