Scorchio!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great ride this morning although it was pretty misty when I left the house at 7.30am. Got 65 miles in and by the time I got home the sun was spliting the skies. Now sitting out in the back garden - wireless internet and a laptop - with a neice cup of tea. Thinking of getting the BBQ fired up for doing the dinner:smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It is pretty hot once you escape from the sea mist that has been blanketing the coast up here for the last three days...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Well i did the hills in Holland today;) It must of been 25/26 when i was out. Had cooled down to what it was mid-day. Wasnt a bad ride, only 10miles done. Will go out later maybe and do some more. Cant seem to be able to log it all on cyclogs though, so your safe till i get back Longers;)

yenrod said:
I got roasted today !

Spit-roasted? :ohmy: :wacko:

I was only out for a short while but enough to get a bit burned, even though I'm outside in the sun all the time (when it's sunny, of course). Good tan lines coming along, but what with sweating, and wiping insects off your legs/arms, the sun cream soon vanishes. :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
I spent two days in the garden until the sun went down on both days (got to make the best of the weather) and cycled 40 miles on Friday night. Needless to say I'm knackered now! Lovely weather tho'.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
It's cracking the flags in Oldham again today :smile: and I've got the day off :biggrin:

I've got some errands to run by bike and am going to take my time, enjoy being out and about and have a bit of an explore into the bargain xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
Too hot for me this weekend, after ill advisedly walking to the allotment around midday on Saturday, took one look at the weed tangled devastation and thought "sod this" so walked home and flopped out with mild heatstroke all afternoon.

Spent most of yesterday (look away now if of a nervous or sensitive disposition) sprawled mostly nekkid on the the bed, alternately knitting and reading and dozing...

Is it me, or have we not had much of the nice in-between weather (sunny, warm, fresh) this year - it seems to have been cold, or way too hot (for me at least)....

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I had a nice 71km ride this morning - no wind and cool at 31F.

Janeyb

I planned a nice 20-25 miler on my lonesome yesterday - managed 11 and felt fried.....so took a short cut and went home. Red as a beetroot and headache to boot! Never happy are we......don't like the wind, rain or heat!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stop moaning about the heat - it's great.....working today - first time I've really been able to appreicate working in a 200 year old building - stays pretty cool !

We've got a portable A/C uint at home - I know not very env. friendly, but we put in on for an hour or so to cool the bedrooms down - it's only been used a couple of times this year, this weekend being one.

Top Bottom