Segregated, none-broken, cycle lanes on all A roads by 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry, not going to sign as I don't want segregation.
Rather have more bus lanes then cycle lanes.

We are part of the traffic so should be treated as such.

GrasB

Veteran
Yeah because we really need a segregated cycle way on this road. :headshake:

Now a proper cycle way next to roads like this is something worth considering. Site note: I pick this section of the A128 to illustrate a point, can anyone see it?

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!

Sara_H

Guru
I agree that segregation shouldn't be necessary, but when I want to cycle with my child from York to Leeds, I realise that I can't wait until we have a sea change in driver attitudes to vulnerable road users, and wish that good quality segregated cycle paths were in place.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
but a similar sea change would be needed to fund the segregated cycles paths and no one is ever prepared to get into a serious discussion of how much per 100m such lanes would cost to build.

where would the money come from?
where would the land come from?
where would the political will to build them come from?

until then the roads do for me and mine.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
[QUOTE 2251278, member: 45"]On a 60 or 70mph road, a segregated path should be an option.

That's an option.

Option.

Option.

See the key word?[/quote]

Segregated ? :tongue:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I agree that segregation shouldn't be necessary, but when I want to cycle with my child from York to Leeds, I realise that I can't wait until we have a sea change in driver attitudes to vulnerable road users, and wish that good quality segregated cycle paths were in place.
It's so much more relaxing to cycle when no cars are about.
Chanting the cchat mantra "I am traffic" at peak hours on a dual carriage way is not my idea of fun. I do it because I must. If there was an alternative, I'll jump (ride) on it!

subaqua

What’s the point
It's so much more relaxing to cycle when no cars are about.
Chanting the cchat mantra "I am traffic" at peak hours on a dual carriage way is not my idea of fun. I do it because I must. If there was an alternative, I'll jump (ride) on it!
and if drivers attitudes were different to cyclist and to be blunt, other road users in general it would be a whole lot better at a fraction of the cost

GrasB

Veteran
Err - that's the A428 - not the A128. And rather than having a cycleway on that, I'd just use (and do use) the old A428 which runs parallel....

but I get your point.
Yeah typo.. (1 is bellow 4 on the keypad)

How do you get from the A1198 to the old A428? Through Cambourne is the obvious way but the Caxton bypass can be very intimidating for some riders.

Top Bottom