Sensible Clubs and Societies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
One of my friends is a member of the Chelsea Caving Club. And I believe London has a similar dearth of (natural) underground spaces :smile:

, Chelsea Speleological Society, a well regarded and distinguished club with many significant discoveries by their members, who, despite their name have their base and focus in South Wales. There's also Westminster SS and Croyden CC whose bases are in South Wales

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Apart from the disassociated
'Solo Cyclists Club..
Still a thing!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yeah. We did a lot of driving. M1, M6, A5. Most weekends. Crazy, really.

Depends when. In the 90s with far less traffic you could make that trip door to door in 3 - 3.5 hours. Leave after work Friday, and in a Lakes pub before last orders. Nowadays it is probably nearer 4-5 hours.

Amount of traffic on roads shows that people still don’t live in ideal location for what they like doing.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
No need to crow about it

Watch it, you will be up before the beak!

purpan

[Q
Depends when. In the 90s with far less traffic you could make that trip door to door in 3 - 3.5 hours. Leave after work Friday, and in a Lakes pub before last orders. Nowadays it is probably nearer 4-5 hours.

Amount of traffic on roads shows that people still don’t live in ideal location for what they like doing.
yes, the late 80s and 90s. I hate to think what the traffic is like now.

Alex321

Veteran
, Chelsea Speleological Society, a well regarded and distinguished club with many significant discoveries by their members, who, despite their name have their base and focus in South Wales. There's also Westminster SS and Croyden CC whose bases are in South Wales
Yes, in the hills near Crickhowell is their base I believe. I went there once with my friend, who is also a morris dancer, and the whole side were there. 40 years ago.

Top Bottom